NEW YORK, May 30, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster, President Trump's National Security Advisor, will address the AJC Global Forum 2017 on June 4.
The AJC Global Forum, which will take place June 4-6, in Washington, D.C., is the advocacy organization's signature annual event, bringing together more than 2,500 participants from across the United States and 70 countries around the world.
"General McMaster is central to formulating the Trump Administration's approach to foreign and national security polices," said AJC CEO David Harris. "We are honored that he will address the AJC Global Forum, especially so soon after the president's first overseas trip to Saudi Arabia, Israel, the Vatican, NATO and the G-7 summit. We shall look eagerly forward to his insights on President Trump's worldview and international initiatives."
Other world leaders confirmed to date to address the AJC Global Forum include:
- Austrian Foreign Minister Sebastian Kurz
- Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, via video from Jerusalem, in conversation with five AJC young leaders
- Israeli Minister of Public Security and Strategic Affairs Gilad Erdan
- Italian Foreign Minister Angelino Alfano
- Organization of American States (OAS) Secretary-General Luis Almagro
- Romanian President Klaus Iohannis
- Singaporean Foreign Minister Vivian Balakrishnan
Among the previous U.S. national security advisors to address the AJC Global Forum have been Dr. Condoleezza Rice and Ambassador Susan Rice.
AJC, founded in 1906 and with headquarters in New York, maintains 22 regional offices across the United States; ten overseas posts; and 34 international association agreements with Jewish communities.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/us-national-security-advisor-lt-gen-mcmaster-to-address-ajc-global-forum-2017-300465760.html
SOURCE American Jewish Committee