INDIANAPOLIS, Oct. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- USA Funds® announces its new team of School and Student Services consultants, who will support products, services and programs of value to the nation's colleges and universities.
"Our team of consultants will work with colleges and universities to assess their needs and goals, and make recommendations to promote the success of their students and staff," said Denise B. Feser, USA Funds senior vice president, School and Student Services. "Our consultants have years of experience representing USA Funds and its affiliate NELA® as trusted advisers to financial aid professionals and other staff at hundreds of colleges and universities nationwide."
USA Funds established its School and Student Services team to continue to deliver key products, services and programs that USA Funds has been providing postsecondary institutions as a guarantor of federal student loans and to offer additional products and services of value to schools. USA Funds supports postsecondary institutions with services that include financial literacy for college students, debt management and default prevention support, training for financial aid professionals, and student aid policy resources.
Members of the new School and Student Services team of consultants, and the states they serve, include the following:
- David Long, vice president. Long brings to the new team of USA Funds consultants 17 years of financial aid experience. He most recently served as vice president/region head for USA Funds Services. For the past 10 years, he led staff that represented USA Funds in support of financial aid offices at colleges and universities throughout the Central, South and Southwest regions of the United States. Long previously served as an account executive for Citibank Student Loan Corp. and in the financial aid offices of Birmingham-Southern College and Samford University.
- David Root, director, East region. Root has served for the past five years as director of customer relations for USA Funds, leading a team of USA Funds customer relations managers. He originally joined USA Funds in 1989.
- Brent Dove, director, West region. For the past five years, Dove has served on USA Funds' lender relations staff, most recently as director of lender relations. He previously served 15 years as a USA Funds compliance specialist. Dove joined USA Funds in 1987.
- Eileen Muhlig, consultant, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia. Muhlig brings to her customers 14 years of financial aid experience, including her most recent role as a USA Funds debt management consultant. She previously served as director of education and public relations at Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Central New York.
- Anne Fischer, consultant, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia, Wisconsin. Fischer offers 15 years of financial aid experience, including service as a USA Funds debt management consultant. She previously served as a regional marketing manager for Chase Education First and a commercial loan officer for a large international bank.
- Vicky Keller, consultant, Alabama, Florida, Georgia. Keller has more than 25 years of financial aid experience, including her most recent role as a USA Funds customer relations manager. She previously served as assistant director of admissions and assistant director in the office of student financial services at the University of Central Florida, and also held various student support services positions at the University of Chicago.
- Teresa Spruill, consultant, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee. Spruill offers schools more than 25 years of financial aid experience, including service as a USA Funds customer relations manager. She also served as financial aid director at Louisiana College.
- Chris Miller, consultant, Florida, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina. Miller has more than 10 years of financial aid experience, including work as a USA Funds debt management consultant. He previously served as director of financial aid at Key College in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Carol Buchli, consultant, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming. Buchli offers nearly 29 years of financial aid experience, including her most recent role as a USA Funds debt management consultant. She previously served as vice president of financial assistance and loan management for Metro Education Group, providing default prevention and financial literacy for students and she also was the director of admissions, financial aid and student records for Business Institute of Technology.
- Debbie Bradford, consultant, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas. Bradford has more than 12 years of financial aid experience, including service as a USA Funds debt management consultant. Before joining the debt management team, she served as corporate default manager for Career Education Corp. in Hoffman Estates, Ill. Her prior experience includes financial aid loan coordinator and other positions with Oral Roberts University.
- John Blaine, consultant, Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Washington. Blaine offers schools 26 years of financial aid experience, including his most recent role as an account manager for NELA, where he provided default aversion, collections, policy and programs support, and customer service. He also was involved in numerous philanthropic programs offered by NELA.
- Bonnie Weaver, consultant, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah. Weaver provides more than 12 years of financial aid experience, including her work as a USA Funds debt management consultant. She previously worked in sales, marketing, financial affiliates and customer service at USA Group, as well as in various customer support capacities with Bank One.
- Carole Ann Simpson, consultant, California, Hawaii and the Pacific Islands. Simpson offers more than 12 years of financial aid experience, including service as a USA Funds debt management consultant. She previously served as vice president and dean of students at Coleman College.
For additional information about USA Funds' staff and programs, visit www.usafunds.org.
Headquartered in Indianapolis, USA Funds is a nonprofit corporation that works to enhance postsecondary education preparedness, access and success by providing and supporting financial and other valued services.
SOURCE USA Funds