SALT LAKE CITY, Sept. 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- More than 1,000 elite athletes from around the world trust their health to USANA Health Sciences, and for the first time the nutritional company saw five of its sponsored para-athletes make their Paralympic debuts as they fought for gold in Rio. More than 4,300 athletes competed during the 11-day competition, and Team USANA left Brazil with four pieces of hardware — one silver and three bronze — in athletic, canoe sprint and cycling events.
"It has been an honor to team up with these exceptional athletes and watch them compete for their countries on the world's largest athletic stage," said USANA Chief Communications Officer Dan Macuga. "We congratulate all of our athletes on their recent achievements and are proud to stand beside them as they focus on their future endeavors."
Team USANA Highlights:
- Australian para-runner Deon Kenzie took home silver in the T38 1500m event with a time of 4:14.95.
- Canadian para-cyclist Charles Moreau secured two podium appearances, capturing bronze in both the men's road race H3 and time trial H3 events.
- Para-canoeist Ian Marsden of Great Britain paddled to bronze in the inaugural kayak single KL1 200m contest.
- New Zealand para-sailor Richard Dodson placed fourth overall in the three-person keelboat alongside crew mate Chris Sharp and Paralympian Andrew May.
- Para-cyclist Byron Raubenheimer of New Zealand finished 11th overall in the men's 4km pursuit C4.
"USANA has been an essential part of my routine leading up to and during the Paralympic Games," said Kenzie. "USANA products give me peace of mind that I can maintain good nutrition whilst traveling and competing."
*The mentioned athletes are either distributors or dedicated USANA product users who have received compensation and/or complimentary USANA products for their partnership with USANA.
Founded in 1992, USANA Health Sciences (NYSE: USNA) is a U.S.-based nutritional company that manufactures high-quality supplements, personal care and healthy products in its FDA-registered facility in Salt Lake City. Learn more about USANA by visiting our website http://www.usana.com or the official USANA blog http://whatsupusana.com.
Media Contact: Ashley Collins
Executive Director of PR and Social Media
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/usana-sponsored-paralympians-make-paralympic-debuts-and-capture-four-podium-finishes-along-the-way-300332141.html
SOURCE USANA Health Sciences