SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 13, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Valimail, the world's only provider of fully automated email authentication, announced today that it closed its 2019 fiscal year having more than doubled annual recurring revenue (ARR), GAAP revenue, and the number of customers — while maintaining 100 percent customer retention for the third year in a row.
Valimail's cloud-based email anti-impersonation platform is the only solution in the market guaranteed to deliver domain and brand protection from unauthorized senders. Its flagship product, Valimail Enforce, makes it possible for complex organizations to protect their domains and brands from impersonation faster and more efficiently than any other approach in the market. Automating the creation and ongoing management of trusted senders, Valimail requires an order of magnitude fewer resources to implement (the equivalent of 0.2 full-time staff) than competing vendors, and even less than that to manage. Valimail has authenticated 100 billion email messages to date.
"As phishing and BEC attacks dominate the business headlines, enterprises are discovering the critical importance of authenticating their email to safeguard trust in their brands," said Valimail CEO and co-founder Alexander García-Tobar. "Unfortunately, only about 20 percent of the organizations that attempt to secure their domains through email authentication succeed, and that rate only rises to about 40 percent using other email-authentication providers. That is why 30 percent of our customers started with competitors, then came to us when they were ready to complete the job. Valimail has a nearly 100 percent success rate — and we back it up with a guarantee," García-Tobar added.
In 2018, Valimail:
- More than doubled GAAP revenue, ARR, and customers
- Grew client base among both mid-market and Global 2000 enterprises
- Expanded client base and added AWS points of presence in Europe and Asia
- Launched global partnerships with Symantec, Microsoft, Splunk, and SendGrid
- Announced Valimail Defend, which provides ironclad protection against inbound email from untrusted domains.
- Launched Brand Trust, the only automated solution for giving companies the ability to display their logos alongside authenticated emails in hundreds of millions of inboxes, using the emerging BIMI standard as well as Microsoft's Brand Cards
- Won more new federal DMARC contracts than all competitors combined
- Was the only email authentication vendor to get all its federal clients to enforcement prior to the October, 2018 deadline mandated by the Department of Homeland Security
- Named one of the top 25 Best Places to Work by the Business Intelligence Group
- Closed a $25M Series B funding round led by Tenaya Capital
- Achieved FedRAMP Authorization, the only vendor in its space to do so
- Achieved SOC 2 Type 2 Certification
- Achieved industry recognition as a SINET 16 honoree and a Distinguished Vendor designation in the TAG Cyber Security Annual
- Joined the board of M3AAWG, an industry working group devoted to wiping out phishing, malware, and spam
- Assumed the chairmanship of the AuthIndicators working group, which is overseeing the development of BIMI, a new standard for displaying the authentication status of messages in end-users' inboxes
The company is poised for further explosive growth in 2019, with a robust technology platform and the upcoming general availability of its newest product, Valimail Defend, which will protect enterprises from email sent from untrusted domains.
(Related: Valimail's technology and product advances in 2018 and 2019, also announced today.)
Additionally, the company has closed a global OEM deal that it expects to add significantly to the company's customer list and bottom line in 2019.
"We're proud to be driving the global trustworthiness of digital communications, starting with email," said García-Tobar. "And while our competitors may try to imitate our marketing language, the data confirms that we've increased our lead in both technology and success rates, which remain unparalleled."
Note: Valimail's fiscal year 2019 ran from February 1, 2018 through January 31, 2019.
Valimail is the trusted leader in fully automated email authentication, with the only comprehensive platform for anti-impersonation, brand protection, and compliance used by corporations and federal agencies such as Uber, Fannie Mae, WeWork, and the U.S. Agency for International Development. Valimail authenticates billions of messages a month for some of the world's biggest companies, in finance, government, transportation, health care, manufacturing, media, technology, and more. Valimail is based in San Francisco. For more information visit www.Valimail.com.
Dylan Tweney, VP Communications, Valimail