RICHARDSON, Texas, Aug. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- VCE, the leader in converged cloud infrastructure systems, along with its customers and partners, will highlight the advanced VMware virtualization and cloud capabilities built into innovative VCE™ Vblock™ Systems to tens of thousands of attendees at VMworld® 2012 (Aug. 26-30).
VCE Vblock Systems are optimized for VMware cloud infrastructure, integrating it with leading server, networking and storage technologies from Cisco and EMC into a single intelligent converged infrastructure system with seamless support. VCE is a Platinum sponsor of the event with an extensive presence that includes:
- A panel discussion featuring VCE customers and partners, including representatives from Columbia Sportswear, 8x8, Unisys and Xerox (Tues. 8/28 12:30pm -1:30pm) addressing the top five use cases for converged infrastructure and the real-world time and cost savings and value of deploying Vblock Systems in production environments.
- A Spotlight Session executive presentation featuring VCE Chief Technology Officer Trey Layton (Wednesday 8/29, 11 am – 12 pm) who will discuss how VCE has worked with VMware on mission critical cloud and virtualization deployments for some of the world's largest enterprises and service providers. Layton will discuss future innovations and provide prescriptive guidance on how to drive successful IT virtualization and cloud initiatives using VMware technologies and Vblock systems today.
- A technical breakout session featuring VCE Senior Corporate Architect Kendrick Coleman (Wednesday, August 29, 1 pm – 2 pm) focused on accelerating the delivery and consumption of IT services by using management tools from the VMware infrastructure management suite.
- Live active/active data center demonstrations between the EMC, Cisco and VCE exhibits showing – in real time – the resources of multiple Vblock systems, applications and data being dynamically shared. The interactive workload failover and mobility demonstrations, which captivated audiences at the recent EMC World and Cisco Live events, uses Vblock systems integrated with EMC® VPLEX™ virtual storage for data mobility and Cisco Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV) technology, for extending networks across distributed data centers. The demonstration showcases the capabilities of Vblock Data Protection a complete solution that safeguards virtualized infrastructure, applications, and workloads.
- The VCE exhibit (Booth #1109) will include theatre presentations by customers and partners, including Columbia Sportswear, 8x8, Molina Healthcare, Unisys, Wipro and Xerox; as well as hands on demonstrations of Vblock Systems with the latest VMware desktop virtualization, business continuity and management capabilities.
The VMworld 2012 U.S. agenda is available at: http://www.vmworld.com/community/conference/us/learn/agenda
Praveen Akkiraju, CEO, VCE
"Vblock Systems are the world's most advanced converged infrastructure and are designed to offer the fastest and most complete integration of VMware virtualization technologies. Working closely with VMware, we are helping enterprise and service provider customers around the world deploy software-defined datacenters that are redefining IT and enabling private, public and hybrid cloud computing models."
VCE, formed by Cisco and EMC with investments from VMware and Intel, accelerates the adoption of converged infrastructure and cloud-based computing models that dramatically reduce the cost of IT while improving time to market for our customers. VCE, through the Vblock System, delivers the industry's first completely integrated IT offering with end-to-end vendor accountability. VCE's prepackaged solutions are available through an extensive partner network, and cover horizontal applications, vertical industry offerings, and application development environments, allowing customers to focus on business innovation instead of integrating, validating and managing IT infrastructure. For more information, go to www.vce.com.
VCE and Vblock are registered trademarks or trademarks of VCE Company LLC or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
EMC and VPLEX are registered trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries.
VMware and VMworld are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions
Cisco is a registered trademark or trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries.
All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.