BASKING RIDGE, N.J., June 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce the release of Verizon's first 4G LTE Android™ rugged Smartphone, the CASIO G'zOne Commando® 4G LTE. With global roaming capabilities that enable network access in over 220 countries, the CASIO G'zOne Commando® 4G LTE is a durable device, which is designed to withstand the most severe conditions. The CASIO G'zOne Commando® 4G LTE is a combination of toughness and functionality that is essential for an adventurous life in both work and play. By improving upon G'zOne, CASIO delivers the brand's most durable and sophisticated mobile to date.
Propelled by a countless array of possibilities, the CASIO G'zOne Commando® 4G LTE remains true to CASIO's reputation towards excellence and technological innovation. High-speed processing allows users to browse the Internet, stream video and music, and video chat via the inclusion of an advanced Dual Core 1.5Ghz processor and Android™ 4.0.
Having undergone rigorous military standards testing, the CASIO G'zOne Commando® 4G LTE is designed to survive the stresses and strains of everyday life with shock, water and dust resistance capabilities. To enhance the user's experience while in compromising conditions, the CASIO G'zOne Commando® 4G LTE also offers Glove Mode, an interface that allows easy use of key phone features while wearing gloves that otherwise wouldn't be possible.
The CASIO G'zOne Commando® 4G LTE can connect to the G-SHOCK Watch (model GB6900AA) for instant updates and notifications. Receive notifications for calls, messages, and emails. Use the Find Me feature to find your missing phone when in close proximity, or get a notification when you walk too far away from your phone.The LIVE G cloud service allows G'zOne users to share sensor information on the map and to share locations for travel and sport activities, trekking records, photos and more using the newly enhanced social media application G'zWORLD.
For the CASIO G'zOne Commando® 4G LTE, CASIO has also improved its patented G'zGEAR multi-sensor tool to link with the LIVE G cloud service allowing users to build a database of their experiences with the natural world.
For more information on the CASIO G'zOne Commando® 4G LTE or for other Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com. Customers can visit www.CasioGzOne.com to experience the CASIO G'zOne Commando® 4G LTE.
- Verizon's 1st 4G LTE Rugged Android™ Smartphone Meets Military Standards 810G Shock (Drop 1.5m), Immersion (1m, 30min), Dust, Vibration, Salt Fog, Humidity, Solar Radiation, Low Pressure, and High and Low Temperature. The G'zOne Commando® 4G LTE display uses durable Corning® Gorilla® Glass 2
- LIVE G – a cloud service for G'zOne users enhances your outdoor life.
- Enrich your outdoor experience with the Barometer, Earth Compass, Walking Counter, and more by using G'zGEAR. Share your locations and photos with your friends using G'zWORLD.
- Glove Mode – use key features, even when wearing gloves
- NFC – with ISIS Mobile Wallet
- A Global Ready – GSM (Quad-band) / UMTS (Quad-band)
- BLE Link to G-SHOCK watch
- Bluetooth low energy technology (v4.0) Profiles supported; Find me, Alert Notification, Phone Alert Status, Proximity, Time Profiles for watch communication
- High-security encryption for corporate email, SD stored data, contacts, etc. Disable camera function through EAS settings, device password enabled policy
- Dual Front Speaker / Dual MIC Noise Suppression
- FM Radio
- Email features include Verizon.net, MS Exchange, Yahoo, AOL, Windows Live Hotmail, other
G'zGEAR operates in seven tools:
- (Newly added)Barometer – Forecast the weather from pressure trends, utilize Pressure Tendency mode that shows the current atmospheric pressure and graph of the pressure trend. The measurements from the pressure sensor can be used to predict weather trends. Then you can upload the pressure data to LIVE G. Pressure Chart – Map the pressure trend data collected through LIVE G. Use this local weather information to help in your field activities.
- Earth Compass – Functions as a standard compass, the GPS shows the distance and direction to several domestic and international landmarks. By entering the location in the compass, you can display the bearing and approximate distance to a target, which is supported by a gyroscope sensor for more accurate measurements.
- Walking Counter – Measures steps, distance and energy consumption, and total steps for the day, week or month. It also provides virtual trail functions allowing you to walk the seven continents.
- Tides – Access current tide information before planning an activity. With LIVE G you can find out tide information at various nautical locations.
- Thermometer – Displays the current temperature. By linking with Live G, you can compare your local temperature to various cities across the country.
- Sun / Moon – Checks the time of the next sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset, and tracks the moon phases for your current location.
- Star Gazer – Utilizes GPS to display the stars and constellation names based on the current season and time
G'zWORLD allows users to share their map location for travel or sports activities, along with photos, trekking records, and more with other G'zOne users. Log book includes:
- Activity pins record favorite activities on a map with comments and photos.
- Route pins keep a record of progress while running, trekking or travelling and outline key points on a route.
- People pins locate your twitter friends and people in personal contacts
Pricing and availability:
- The CASIO G'zOne Commando® 4G LTE will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless stores starting June 27 for $99.99 after $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement.
- Business customers who want to purchase the device can contact their Business Sales Representatives at 1-800-VZW-4BIZ.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's fastest, most advanced 4G network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 104 million total wireless connections, including more than 88 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 85,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About NEC CASIO Mobile Communications, Ltd.
NEC CASIO Mobile Communications provides innovative mobile handsets for major wireless providers in Japan and the U.S.A. The company was established in 2010 after spinning off from NEC Corporation's mobile handset business. Later that year, it merged with Casio Hitachi Mobile Communications Co., Ltd. a joint venture between Casio Computer Co., Ltd., and Hitachi, Ltd. NEC CASIO Mobile Communications aims to build an enriched communication linked society utilizing mobile handset solutions crafted from imagination and creativity. For more information, go to http://www.nec-casio-mobile.com/ or http://www.casiogzone.com
Main Specifications of G'zOne Commando® 4G LTE
LTE (700MHz) SVLTE / Digital Dual Mode (CDMA, PCS) 1x, EV-DO Rev. A SVDO, Global Ready – GSM (Quad-band) / UMTS (Quad-band)
Water resistance equivalent to MIL-STD-810G, shock (Drop 1.5m), dust, vibration, humidity, salt fog resistant, resists solar radiation, blowing rain, low pressure, high temperature and low temperature conforming to MIL-STD-810G.
Android™ 4.0 OS, Multiple Sensor for G'zGEAR, Bluetooth™ low energy technology (v4.0), 8 Mega pixel camera with auto-focus, still photo, video capture(Full HD and Slow motion), LED light
Supported services: VZNavigator (navigation), and Text To Speech
FLASH/RAM: 16GB / 1GB
4.0" WVGA (480 x 800) TFT LCD
(H) 5.11" x (W) 2.68" x (D) 0.54"
SOURCE CASIO G'zOne