SAN FRANCISCO, April 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- VerticalResponse, a leading provider of self-service marketing solutions for small businesses including email marketing, social media marketing, online surveys, event marketing and direct mail marketing, today announced that it has been honored as one of the top 125 best places to work in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal. The company placed No. 45 in the 101 to 500 employees category.
The eighth annual Best Places to Work awards recognize the top employers in five categories based on number of employees. Winning companies were evaluated based on employee responses to an extensive survey on topics such as work satisfaction and recognition, organizational leadership and management practices.
"The culture we've built here at VerticalResponse is one of our greatest assets, and every single employee contributes to making this company a fantastic place to work," said Janine Popick, VerticalResponse CEO. "We work hard, but we play hard, too. It's a tremendous honor to be recognized by the Bay Area business community."
VerticalResponse prides itself on a fun, diverse and open work environment where employees all share a common mission: To help small businesses and non-profit customers succeed. The company's downtown San Francisco headquarters, which supports more than 105 full-time employees, house all of the organization's functions, including product development and engineering, marketing, finance, customer support and sales. Employee benefits include:
- 100 percent paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- Stock option grants that begin vesting on date of hire, plus a generous 401(k) plan with employer match
- Health and wellness programs such as acupuncture and chiropractic coverage, subsidized gym memberships and the occasional on-site massage therapist
- Weekly bagel breakfasts and organic fruit and snack deliveries, on the house
- Various community service and environmental sustainability initiatives, such as quarterly volunteer events, donation drives and offsetting 100 percent of the company's carbon emissions
- Quarterly company-wide off-site happy hours and on-site hosted events
For career opportunities, visit the VerticalResponse Jobs page.
VerticalResponse Inc. provides a full suite of self-service marketing solutions for small businesses including email marketing, social media marketing, event marketing, direct mail marketing and online surveys. Its mission is to empower small businesses and non-profit organizations to easily and affordably create, manage and analyze their own marketing campaigns. Users can benefit from a wide variety of features including more than 700 free email marketing templates; tools to create, schedule and publish content over social media networks; and robust reporting so that they can understand overall marketing success. VerticalResponse is headquartered in San Francisco, Calif. For more information visit www.verticalresponse.com, and connect on Twitter at @VR4SmallBiz and Facebook at www.facebook.com/verticalresponse.
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.