SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- VerticalResponse, a leading provider of self-service marketing solutions for small businesses including email marketing, social media marketing, event marketing, postcard marketing and online surveys, won two first-place gold International Stevie® Awards for Best Communications/PR Campaign of the Year (Under $10,000 Budget) and Best Twitter Feed.
Well-respected companies including Samsung, LifeLock and global public relations firm MWW Group were among the finalists in those two categories.
The International Business Awards are the world's premier business awards program. All individuals and organizations worldwide are eligible to submit nominations – public and private, for-profit and non-profit, large and small. The 2012 IBAs received entries from more than 50 nations and territories.
The awards were a sweep for VerticalResponse; it placed first, second or third in every category it entered this year. In addition to two gold trophies, the company also was honored with four silver and eight bronze medals, for a total of 14 awards:
- Gold Stevie, Best Communications/PR Campaign of the Year (Under $10,000 Budget) – VerticalResponse Next Teen Tycoon Video Contest
- Gold Stevie, Best Twitter Feed
- Silver Stevie, Executive of the Year – Janine Popick, CEO/Founder
- Silver Stevie, Best Website
- Silver Stevie, Best Facebook Fan Page or Group
- Silver Stevie, Best PR Video – VerticalResponse Next Teen Tycoon Video Contest
- Bronze Stevie, Company of the Year
- Bronze Stevie, Corporate Social Responsibility Program of the Year
- Bronze Stevie, Best New Business-to-business Service of the Year – VerticalResponse Social
- Bronze Stevie, Best New Software Product of the Year – VerticalResponse Social
- Bronze Stevie, Best Customer Service Department of the Year
- Bronze Stevie, Customer Service Executive of the Year – Kristen Hayer, Vice President of Sales and Support
- Bronze Stevie, Best Overall Web Design – VerticalResponse Website
- Bronze Stevie, Business-to-business Marketing Campaign of the Year – VerticalResponse "Everything Holiday" Campaign and Microsite
More than 3,200 nominations from organizations of all sizes and in virtually every industry were submitted this year for consideration in a wide range of categories. Stevie Award winners were selected by more than 300 executives worldwide who participated in the judging process this year.
"I have a lot of respect for the International Business Stevies because it attracts such an incredibly high caliber of companies from all over the world, and it's great to see what businesses on the other side of the globe are accomplishing," said Janine Popick, VerticalResponse CEO. "I'm so thrilled that the judges believe in our work to help small businesses grow as much as we do. It's a massive achievement for the entire company."
Nicknamed the Stevies for the Greek word for "crowned," the awards will be presented to winners at a gala awards banquet at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Seoul, South Korea, on October 15, 2012.
Complete lists of honorees and other details are available at www.stevieawards.com/iba.
VerticalResponse Inc. provides a full suite of self-service marketing solutions for small businesses including email marketing, social media marketing, event marketing, online surveys and direct mail marketing. Its mission is to empower small businesses and non-profit organizations to easily and affordably create, manage and analyze their own marketing campaigns. Users can benefit from a wide variety of features via a single dashboard, including more than 700 free email marketing templates; social media management tools to create, schedule and publish content, and engage with followers; and robust reporting so that they can understand overall marketing success. VerticalResponse is headquartered in San Francisco, Calif. For more information visit www.verticalresponse.com, and connect on Twitter at@VR4SmallBiz and Facebook at www.facebook.com/verticalresponse.
ABOUT THE STEVIE AWARDS
Stevie Awards are conferred in four programs: The International Business Awards, The American Business Awards, the Stevie Awards for Women in Business, and the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service. Honoring organizations of all types and sizes and the people behind them, the Stevies recognize outstanding performances in the workplace worldwide. Learn more about The Stevie Awards at www.StevieAwards.com.
SOURCE VerticalResponse Inc.