SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- On March 8-9, 2019, VetsinTech will launch a one-of-kind event connecting over 500 Veterans from across the country with top leaders from Fortune 100 companies and the most innovative tech organizations in the world for content and networking opportunities in technology education, employment, and entrepreneurship at their 2nd annual national conference The Invasion in Silicon Valley.
"Each year, over 250,000 Veterans return home and many without a job," says Katherine Webster, Founder of VetsinTech. "The Invasion will bring together our nation's heroes and tech titans together to provide Veterans access to the thriving tech ecosystem in Silicon Valley. Along with these organizations and our esteemed partners, we are thrilled to be creating pathways into education, entrepreneurship and technology careers for Veterans with a focus on diversity and inclusion."
Veterans across the country are invited to attend the two-day event at Google Launchpad's San Francisco Campus. The Invasion has a growing line-up of speakers from major tech companies and organizations including:
- Mike Brown, Director @ Defense Innovation Unit
- Steve Blank, Creator of "Lean Startup" and Stanford/Berkeley Professor
- Carol Eggert, SVP Military and Veteran Affairs @ Comcast NBCUniversal
- Ned Desmond, COO @ TechCrunch
"The Invasion is an important opportunity to offer meaningful resources for Veterans transitioning to civilian life," says Craig Newmark, VetsinTech board and founder of craigslist and Craig Newmark Philanthropies. "I encourage technology leaders to commit to hiring and supporting Veterans, who bring unique expertise in technology from their work in the military."
The event's programming benefits veterans pursuing various careers through the following three tracks:
- Tech Education – where veterans can find opportunities to learn the in-demand new skills of data science, cyber security, CRM, web development, and more.
- Tech Employment – where veterans can work with leaders in corporate hiring and culture through professional development workshops to refine their LinkedIn profiles, elevator pitches, and other key tools used during the hiring process.
- Tech Entrepreneurship – where veterans can learn how to start or grow a business by learning about design thinking, business law, lean methodologies, and securing VC financing.
The conference will feature panel discussions, workshops, and networking opportunities with Silicon Valley's industry leaders. The event's top partners include Google, Craig Newmark Philanthropies, TEKsystems, Comcast and more.
To register for the event, please click here. Note that the event is only $25 for Veterans and free for students, making it easy for all who can benefit to attend.
VetsinTech supports our current and returning veterans with re-integration services, and by connecting them to the national technology ecosystem. ViT is committed to bringing together a tech-specific network, resources, and programs for our veterans interested in Education, Entrepreneurship, and Employment – the 3E's!
Katherine Webster, VetsinTech Founder