CHICAGO, Dec. 1, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- This year's highest profile technology virtual event, COMDEXvirtual, took place November 16-17, 2010 and was powered by UBM Studios, a leader in virtual events and virtual business solutions. UBM has produced 100 market leading virtual events in 2010 with COMDEXvirtual breaking records in revenue and attendees. This year marks a significant growth from 2009 to 2010 – UBM produced three times as many virtual events. UBM credits its success with the ability to bring the right content, to the right community with the right engagement.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click:
"UBM is the only global business media company that combines the right content, recruitment and the management of audiences. We are pleased to be able to transform the way individuals interact and conduct business online," said Kate Spellman, SVP, Managing Director, UBM Studios.
Everything Channel's knowledge and experience of managing, recruiting and manning events bringing together 100 expert speakers and nearly 50 sessions attracting over 5,000 attendees combined with UBM Studios' design and development was the combination of a winning event.
UBM Studios created a custom virtual environment for COMDEXvirtual.
Components of the COMDEXvirtual included:
- Auditorium which showcased the keynote speakers including Paul Otellini, CEO, Intel; Enrique Salem, President and Chief Executive Officer, Symantec Corp.; and Kevin Johnson, CEO, Juniper as well as technical, product, channel and business sessions;
- Exhibit Hall which offered booths and pavilions visually which enabled peer interaction;
- Hospitality Suites which hosted private meetings, briefings and cocktail parties;
- Press Room which hosted registered journalists;
- Social media offered multiple avenues for navigation to connect to social media – Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn; and
- Event within an Event enabled the Intel Private Pavilion to host presentations into COMDEXvirtual on Day 2.
New features included:
- Custom Booth Builder Tool offered exhibitors an easy to use interface to set the tone of their booth. The booths allowed exhibitors to take advantage of what they want to focus on -- chat, content or presentation. The tool offered color palette control; lighting/ambience control; a video screen display option; background wall options; floor design options; and the ability to upload a company logo. Additionally, exhibitors had access to a flexible container to store booth materials. A total of seven distinct tabs can be created to store content. These tabs contain a series of files to download, links to websites, or just a simple "Welcome" message. Exhibitors were also able to "drag and drop" and reorder tabs for content organization.
- Key Coded Hospitality Suites offered sponsors and exhibitors private rooms that were key coded for invitation only guests, includes hospitality suites and boardrooms. These gates rooms provided vendors the opportunity to present proprietary information, roll out new programs, conduct training, and engage in candid conversations.
- Custom Build-A-Badge Kiosk allowed attendees to create a custom badge. Attendees had the opportunity to upload their pictures and create a virtual badge which could be used as a personalized virtual card throughout the event or an electronic post card. Both files were easily able to be saved and posted to Facebook or used for a twitpic to provide updates for social media followers.
- Directory Listing became the center of the event, allowing event visitors easier access to exhibitors, sponsors and key information. The Directory Listing presented an alphabetical logo listing of the exhibitor booths, which can also be sorted and displayed by business category. Attendees simply clicked on a company name to visit a booth.
For additional information on UBM Studios or to purchase a virtual business solution, contact Kate Spellman, SVP, Managing Director, UBM Studios at 516 562 7383 or email@example.com.
About UBM Studios (www.ubmstudios.com)
UBM Studios is a leader in virtual events and virtual business solutions. A pioneer with virtual platforms, UBM Studios delivers deep expertise in live and online events that brings business value to customers. UBM Studios connects, educates and enables virtual communications through a portfolio that fits every budget. UBM Studios is the only virtual event provider to offer platform, content, audience recruitment, reporting and social marketing and gaming. UBM Studios virtual events include Virtual Trade Shows, Virtual Career Fairs, Virtual Seminar Centers, Virtual Resource Centers, Virtual Product Launch, Virtual Business Continuity, Virtual Corporate Meetings, Virtual Sales Meetings, Virtual Focus Group Centers and Virtual Training. UBM Studios delivers a complete global communication solution in Asia, Europe and North America in industries including, health, finance, technology, building and education.
About Everything Channel
Everything Channel is the premier provider of IT channel-focused events, media, research, consulting, and sales and marketing services. With over 30 years of experience and engagement, Everything Channel has the unmatched channel expertise to execute integrated solutions for technology executives managing partner recruitment, enablement and go-to-market strategy in order to accelerate technology sales. Everything Channel is a UBM company. To learn more about Everything Channel, visit us at http://www.everythingchannel.com.
About United Business Media Limited
UBM (UBM.L) focuses on two principal activities: worldwide information distribution, targeting and monitoring; and, the development and monetisation of B2B communities and markets. UBM's businesses inform markets and serve professional commercial communities -- from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewelry traders, from farmers to pharmacists -- with integrated events, online, print and business information products. Our 6,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into specialist teams that serve these communities, bringing buyers and sellers together, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently. For more information, go to www.ubm.com
516 562 7383
SOURCE UBM Studios