ANAHEIM, Calif., April 19, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Visit Anaheim, the Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) for Anaheim and Garden Grove, implemented a strategic reorganization of its mid-Atlantic convention sales team to improve presence in the region and respond to an ever-changing marketplace. The newly implemented team includes two recent new hires plus a redeployment of internal resources to effectively build a greater presence in the mid-Atlantic, which includes the greater Washington D.C. market.
The most recent new hire to the convention sales team is Paul Romero as convention sales director, mid-Atlantic region. Bringing with him more than 15 years regional sales experience, Romero recently served as senior national sales director at Long Beach Convention and Visitors Bureau. Romero joins Kimberly Mladenik, a newly appointed, convention sales director to represent Visit Anaheim and Anaheim Convention Center to current and potential clients. Additionally, long-term Visit Anaheim meeting sales director, eastern region, Victoria Clifford, joined the mid-Atlantic team to represent Visit Anaheim and Orange County to potential mid-Atlantic clients seeking event venues for smaller-scale meetings.
"Investing in sales leaders for our mid-Atlantic team is vital to understanding the uniqueness of region and the needs of our clients," said Junior Tauvaa, senior vice president, sales & services, Visit Anaheim. "The newly formed team of Paul, Kimberly and Victoria bring in a wealth of regional knowledge and already established client relationships that, along with a seasoned services team, will help customers deliver memorable experiences for their attendees and successful events for their organizations."
Visit Anaheim has added a number of positions to respond to an evolving marketplace by developing market-leading services and programming, innovative technological solutions and distinguished consumer engagement. The following new positions have also been added to support the needs of meeting and convention professionals:
- Sales Operations Manager: Silvia Geng
- In this newly created position, Geng will be working closely with convention center clients as they manage leasing arrangements for the Anaheim Convention Center and overflow housing needs in Anaheim.
- Manager, Services & Event Marketing: Gina Geisbauer
- Geisbauer's was promoted to this new position within the client services team to provide exceptional service to self-contained clients with 500+ peak night rooms, in addition to working with convention center clients to design targeted robust marketing strategies to increase attendees and exhibitor/sponsor participation.
- Client Services Specialist: Kelli Reinmiller
- Reinmiller joined Visit Anaheim's client services team in March to support the needs of clients with smaller-scale meetings throughout Anaheim and Orange County.
For more information on Visit Anaheim, please visit: www.visitanaheim.org/meetings.
About Visit Anaheim
Founded in 1961, Visit Anaheim is a 501 (c)(6) nonprofit destination marketing organization. Visit Anaheim's mission is to develop, market and sell Anaheim benefiting the economic vitality of our communities. Follow Visit Anaheim on Facebook (Facebook.com/VisitAnaheim) Twitter (@Visit_Anaheim), Instagram (Instagram.com/VisitAnaheim) and LinkedIn (VisitAnaheim).
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/visit-anaheim-strengthens-mid-atlantic-sales-team-with-new-hires-and-staffing-reorganization-300253812.html
SOURCE Visit Anaheim