SHANGHAI, June 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Visteon Corporation (NYSE: VC), a leading global automotive supplier, is displaying a wide range of automotive electronics and climate innovations at the 2012 China Auto Parts and Service Show in Shanghai from June 12-15. Visteon's exhibit at Hall N1, No.138, highlights solutions for growth market and new energy vehicles that are particularly relevant to the needs of Chinese consumers.
"Our flexible solutions focus on integrating consumer and automotive electronics based on market needs identified through extensive consumer research in mature and emerging markets, including China," said Steve Meszaros, Visteon product group president. "With Chinese consumers becoming more technology-savvy, we believe our latest product developments will help our customers differentiate their vehicles in this dynamic market."
Leveraging its global and local market and consumer research, Visteon showcases electronic products and innovations that address consumer perceptions of the ideal vehicle electronics experience. An array of vehicle cockpit electronics solutions on display at Visteon's exhibit include:
- Wireless charging solution – Visteon is one of the first automotive suppliers to bring wireless charging into a high-volume production vehicle platform. Visteon's technology provides a convenient way to ensure portable electronics equipped with compatible inductive charging receivers are always charged and ready to go, eliminating the need for dedicated power cords for each portable device in the vehicle. The user simply places the device on Visteon's charger, and power is transferred wirelessly to the portable device, at a rate comparable to a plug-in power cord.
- Mid-range driver information platform – Designed to meet ever-increasing demands for higher-resolution color displays in vehicles at a competitive cost, this platform features high-quality graphics, video and animation on up to two TFT displays, combined with traditional analog gauges. The scalability feature can be applied to a wide range of vehicle segments, making this platform particularly attractive to vehicle manufacturers.
- Enhanced connectivity solution for audio infotainment – Addressing consumers' needs for easy and convenient integration of their electronic devices into the vehicle, Visteon has developed a wide range of connectivity solutions to include a smartphone remote control featuring Bluetooth® wireless technology and an optical media-less audio system solution with USB and SD card port.
As an authoritative leader in automotive thermal management, Visteon has broad capabilities, from serving small-car segments with cost-effective technology and packaging to supporting new energy vehicles with advanced solutions.
"Our strong technical competencies and market insights allow us to develop a broad climate portfolio for diversified vehicle classes," said Joy Greenway, product group president. "We are pleased to present innovative solutions that not only provide full thermal comfort but also support our customers' growing needs for environmentally friendly products."
Visteon's exhibit features a wide range of "green" automotive climate systems and components, including:
- Compact HVAC – Incorporates a heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) module and thin heat exchangers that contribute to higher performance in a package that is smaller, lighter and consumes less energy than traditional units.
- Electric compressor – A compressor that operates independently from the engine, thus enabling it to pre-condition the cabin for increased passenger comfort. Its compact design enhances packaging space under the hood. This environment-friendly compressor can be used for all vehicle types, including hybrid or fully electric vehicles.
- Rotary suction compressor – An efficient compressor that supports improved fuel economy through its higher efficiency refrigerant flow design and lighter weight compared with a traditional fixed displacement compressor.
- A/C lines and metal seal fittings − An internal heat exchanger that enhances cooling efficiency, along with Visteon's patented fitting technology that enables zero refrigerant leakage.
Visteon is a leading global automotive supplier that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative climate, electronic, interior and lighting products for vehicle manufacturers. With corporate offices in Van Buren Township, Mich. (U.S.); Shanghai, China; and Chelmsford, UK; the company has facilities in 27 countries and employs approximately 25,000 people. Learn more at www.visteon.com.
SOURCE Visteon Corporation