RAYONG, Thailand, June 9, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Leading automotive supplier Visteon Corporation recently launched an instrument cluster tailored for two-wheelers on Honda's new scooter model, PCX, in Thailand. The cluster is the first to integrate advanced security with remote control function on a scooter.
Variations of the Visteon cluster system will also be developed for versions of Honda PCX that will be exported to other ASEAN countries as well as to Japan, Europe and the U.S.
Designed to meet varying needs of PCX users globally, the instrument cluster is available in two versions. The basic version provides a stylish 3D applique and LCD display, and is designed to deliver accurate driver information under stringent driving environments. The higher-end version also features advanced security functions and integrated remote key control. Demonstrating its strength in cross-systems integration, Visteon is the first known supplier to integrate remote key control and gravity sensor alarm functions in an instrument cluster for a two-wheeler.
Leveraging its automotive expertise, Visteon offers a steady, compact and lightweight instrument cluster that can withstand a variety of weather and lighting conditions, with the following additional attributes:
- Reliability – The mechanical and electrical design enhances the cluster's ability to withstand high-vibration environments and resist water ingress and other severe weather conditions.
- Security – The specially designed radio-frequency (RF)-based remote key control reduces theft risk.
- Energy saving – The cluster electronics enable the advanced power shutdown system to achieve nearly zero "dark current" (a measure of energy leak when the scooter is powered off).
- Readability – The design architecture enables a range of features, making display and instrument indicators more readable in virtually all weather and lighting conditions.
- Flexibility – The Visteon cluster platform is scalable and can support customers' different styling themes and feature requirements.
- Cost efficiency – The one-piece formed 3D applique minimizes the need for additional decorative components, while the integrated advanced security system and RF security module saves package space and cost.
The instrument cluster is manufactured at Visteon Thailand Ltd. (VTL), a Visteon wholly owned entity with a manufacturing facility in Rayong that provides quality electronics and interior products. Leveraging Visteon's best-in-class global footprint, the cluster was jointly designed by Visteon Japan Limited and Honda Japan with support from technical centers in Shanghai and India; and Visteon Automotive India Private in Pune, India.
Visteon Corporation is a global automotive supplier that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative climate, interior, electronic and lighting products for vehicle manufacturers. With corporate offices in Van Buren Township, Mich. (U.S.); Shanghai, China; and Chelmsford, UK; the company has facilities in 25 countries and employs approximately 28,500 people.
SOURCE Visteon Corporation