BEIJING, April 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Visteon Corporation (NYSE: VC) will demonstrate vehicle cockpit electronics products and technology designed to deliver a rich, connected driving experience at the 14th Beijing International Automotive Exhibition (Auto China 2016) from April 25 to May 4. Visteon will exhibit in booth E34A04 (between Hall E3 and E4) at the China International Exhibition Center New Venue (Tianzhu).
Aligned with the Auto China 2016 theme – "Innovation to Transformation" – Visteon will showcase how it is transforming the cockpit electronics experience through its expertise in instrument clusters, head-up displays, information displays, infotainment, connected audio, and connectivity and telematics. Visteon also will show its capabilities to support vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2X) technology; and wireless gateway, an advanced system providing several forms of connectivity to route in-vehicle data seamlessly and securely.
Along with the latest technology in its core product lines, Visteon will feature SmartCore™, a security-focused approach to cockpit module consolidation that addresses the increasing complexity of cockpit electronics to improve the driving experience. Advanced concepts will be spotlighted through an interactive vehicle at Visteon's exhibit, featuring 3-D gesture technology for driver information and infotainment systems that can reduce driver distraction and enhance the user experience.
While Visteon has had a strong presence in China for many years, this is the first time the company is participating in the Auto China show in Beijing. Visteon will demonstrate how it is well-positioned to provide automakers in China and globally with a full range of products in a cockpit electronics segment that research shows has a major influence on customer satisfaction – and which is projected to grow more than twice as fast as the overall automotive market.
"We are enthused about the opportunity to demonstrate at this major show in Asia – our largest global market – how we are applying software and new technology to transform how drivers and passengers interact with information and entertainment more safely, securely and enjoyably," said Visteon President and CEO Sachin Lawande.
"As the only Tier 1 supplier exclusively focused on vehicle cockpit electronics, we aim to be a leader in new technology initiatives in the areas of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), V2X and autonomous driving," Lawande added. "At Beijing, we will be displaying current core technology and advanced concepts that provide the foundation for our leadership in these fast-growing segments."
Highlights of Visteon's core product lines to be shown at Auto China 2016 include:
- Instrument clusters – Larger, higher-resolution displays, migrating toward 3-D graphics, are the new norm – and Visteon will showcase advanced clusters that provide driver information for all vehicle segments, including high-end, fully reconfigurable clusters.
- Head-up displays – The Beijing show will mark the premiere of Visteon's premium combiner head-up display – one of three levels of combiner HUD products on display. Combiner HUD brings head-up technology to mass-market vehicles by projecting a virtual image in front of the driver using a transparent screen mounted on top of the instrument panel.
- Information displays – Automotive-ready concepts on display will incorporate the consumer appeal of sleek design, craftsmanship and touch capability while utilizing the latest in display technology – including curved lenses optically bonded with formable touch sensors and flexible displays.
- Infotainment – Based on Open Standards technology, Visteon infotainment systems provide embedded content, a driver-centric user interface and enhanced cyber security.
- Connected audio – Visteon's OpenAir® audio products combine smartphone and wearable content with an intuitive interface for a superior listening experience.
- Connectivity and telematics – Visteon will highlight global solutions designed to provide safe, seamless connectivity in and around the vehicle – keeping it up to date with the next generation of technology and services.
Visteon is a global company that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative cockpit electronics products and connected car solutions for most of the world's major vehicle manufacturers. Visteon is a leading provider of instrument clusters, head-up displays, information displays, infotainment, audio systems, and telematics solutions; its brands include Lightscape®, OpenAir® and SmartCore™. Headquartered in Van Buren Township, Michigan, Visteon has nearly 11,000 employees at 50 facilities in 19 countries. Visteon had sales of $3.25 billion in 2015. Learn more at www.visteon.com.
SOURCE Visteon Corporation