VAN BUREN TOWNSHIP, Mich., Jan. 5, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Visteon Corporation, a leader in helping automakers bring the latest consumer electronics advancements into their vehicles, will demonstrate a range of mobile electronics innovations at the 2010 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Jan. 7-10, 2010.
Visteon will share innovations in vehicle cockpit electronics - encompassing audio, infotainment, connectivity, driver information, displays and control panels - through a variety of interactive displays and in-vehicle demonstrations. Visteon's exhibit will be in the Central Plaza (CP13), outside the Las Vegas Convention Center.
"With the rapid convergence of consumer and automotive electronics, Visteon's technology and vehicle integration capabilities place us at the center of efforts to improve the driving experience through advanced mobile electronics," said Steve Meszaros, president of Visteon's electronics product group. "Drawing on our automotive intellect, Visteon offers vehicle manufacturers a gateway to the latest consumer electronics technologies by facilitating fast and easy upgrades of products and features throughout the life of the vehicle."
Through collaboration with leading technology providers, Visteon is developing in-car entertainment solutions that combine powerful microprocessors from the computer electronics world with open source software and architectures. These solutions are aimed at reducing development cycles, speeding time-to-market, and managing hardware and software development costs. Visteon will demonstrate examples of this approach at CES, through an integrated infotainment and Internet development platform, along with two demonstration projects:
- The "connected car," which explores an advanced in-vehicle Internet ecosystem; and
- A next-generation cockpit electronics system, showing what's possible using the power of the latest microprocessors to integrate all cockpit electronics functionality in a single module with an advanced 3D human-machine interface (HMI).
Visteon's global electronics product offerings include advanced in-vehicle entertainment, driver information and climate controls. At Visteon's exhibit, visitors will be able to see, touch and experience mobile electronics technologies focusing on six themes that are particularly relevant for today's automakers, drivers and passengers:
- Connectivity - New ways to connect drivers and passengers to the vehicle, and the vehicle to the world, providing automakers a platform for new services and bringing the benefits of the Internet to the automobile.
- Online store - Through a next-generation Internet and infotainment platform, drivers and passengers can choose from a range of infotainment features such as Internet radio, navigation and travel services - synchronized with their home and personal mobile devices.
- Eco-friendly - Visteon offers environmentally conscious solutions that combine functions, reduce weight and power, and utilize recyclable materials.
- Global - Visteon's technology platforms are designed to meet global and regional requirements and customer preferences, and to maximize the re-use of key platform elements across product applications.
- Emerging markets - Visteon has developed cockpit electronics products specifically targeted at delivering exceptional value for both passenger cars and two-wheelers in rapidly growing geographic markets.
- Experience - Visteon will display a range of products that enhance what consumers see, hear and touch in the vehicle and are aimed at transforming the driving experience from the everyday to the exceptional, through the use of enhanced sound design solutions and new display, sensing and HMI technologies. Many of these products incorporate touch-sensitive, reconfigurable screens and integrated control panels offering "hidden touch" and gesture recognition.
Visteon Corporation is a leading global automotive supplier that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative climate, interior, electronic and lighting products for vehicle manufacturers, and also provides a range of products and services to aftermarket customers. With corporate offices in Van Buren Township, Mich. (U.S.); Shanghai, China; and Chelmsford, UK; the company has facilities in 26 countries and employs approximately 30,000 people.
SOURCE Visteon Corporation