LONDON, Oct. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Upcoming Free Webinar to Present:
- an understanding of the emission scandal
- an analysis of the financial implications of the scandal
- recommended next steps for the VW group as well as the industry
Tuesday, 10th November 2015, at 4:00 pm GMT
Online, with Complimentary Registration
Frost & Sullivan Automotive & Transportation Program Manager, Ms. Shwetha Surender, and Senior Research Analyst, Arun Chandranath
Volkswagen's (VW) concession of corporate malfeasance in circumventing Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) testing in the U.S. has sent the global automotive industry into a tailspin. This webinar examines the fallout from the emission scandal and its impact on the Volkswagen group, as well as the wider automotive ecosystem.
"As an immediate impact of the scandal, Volkswagen Group sales are expected to fall by 2-4 percent by 2020," outlines Frost & Sullivan Automotive and Transportation Senior Research Analyst, Arun Chandranath. "There will be a significant push towards alternate powertrains from both the industry and the consumer. Hybrids will be the strongest benefactor segment, owing to their advantage of being independent from a charging infrastructure and the availability of strong products in the market today."
This webinar will benefit the entire automotive value chain including original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers, financial service providers, regulatory bodies, independent testing organisations, technology solution providers, telematics providers and a whole host of industry participants looking to understand the current position of Volkswagen and the implications of the scandal.
"With the "clean diesel" image taking a hit, we expect a significant push towards alternate powertrains from both the industry and the consumer," notes Frost & Sullivan Program Manager, Shwetha Surender. "Globally harmonized test procedures will be a vital strategy to implement globalized test standards to ensure standardized emission and fuel testing for all OEMs and thus regain consumer trust."
To attend the webinar, email Katja Feick, Corporate Communications – email@example.com - your full name, job title, company name, company telephone number, and company email address, website, city, state and country.
- For more information about Frost & Sullivan's Automotive & Transportation practice, please visit: http://ow.ly/TW72m.
- LinkedIn: The Future of Mobility
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan