DALLAS, Aug. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Voyager Sopris Learning™, provider of a comprehensive suite of evidence-based instruction, assessments, and professional services, has released a major update to Passport Reading Journeys® (PRJ)—a literacy intervention that combines high-interest reading, multimedia teaching tools, and evidence-based instruction for students in grades 6–12.
With this new release, Passport Reading Journeys offers support for teaching the skills needed for college and career and innovative technology components. Specifically, this release of Passport Reading Journeys includes:
- Implementation flexibility—blended with print and digital and digital only options
- New interactive eBooks digital curriculum—automatically included in teacher and student sets—that enable students to highlight, write and show their work, and submit assignments
- New scope and sequence specifically designed to support instruction that addresses rigorous reading standards
- New content that challenges students with inferential questioning, deep text analysis, and online extension activities
- Expanded and enhanced reading opportunities, including the new ReadingScape, an online library of multimedia reading selections to support independent reading
- New assessment component, Power Pass, that increases test-readiness with passages and questions that mirror high-stakes exams
- Option to use the Edplicity learning platform—provides social media environment, ability to search content by CCSS or TEKS standards, and multimedia storage
"Materials that prepare students for college and career are vital not only to teachers, but even more so to the students themselves. Passport Reading Journeys continues to build more than just readers, but young people who engage with and enjoy what they read, who think critically and communicate clearly, and are prepared for life in the technology-based communities they live in and will someday work in," said George Logue, president of Voyager Sopris Learning.
With this release, Passport Reading Journeys has preserved key elements that have been proven to accelerate student growth toward grade-level literacy: high-interest content; inclusion of videos to build background knowledge; consistent lesson design; integration of the online, individualized components VocabJourney and SOLO; scaffolded instruction; emphasis on college and career readiness; a comprehensive assessment system; and online data management and reporting.
Learn more about the new release of Passport Reading Journeys and take a video tour of ReadingScape, Power Pass, eBooks, and Edplicity at http://www.voyagersopris.com/prj.
About Voyager Sopris Learning
Voyager Sopris Learning™ is committed to partnering with school districts to overcome obstacles that students, teachers, and school leaders face every day. The suite of instructional and service solutions we provide is not only research based, but also evidence based—proven to increase student achievement and educator effectiveness. Our solutions have been fully tested in the classroom, ensuring that they are easy to implement and teacher friendly. They are innovative, both in overall instructional approach and in the strategic use of technology in blended and 100% online solutions, and they are supported by an unparalleled commitment to build local capacity for sustained success. With a comprehensive suite of instructional resources, we provide assessments, professional development and school-improvement services, literacy and math instructional tools—both comprehensive intervention and supplemental—and resources to build a positive school climate. Voyager Sopris Learning is a member of Cambium Learning Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: ABCD), based in Dallas, Texas. For more information, please visit www.voyagersopris.com.
Cambium Learning Group, Inc.
Cambium Learning Group, Inc.
SOURCE Cambium Learning Group