SAN MATEO, Calif., Sept. 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- VSS Monitoring, the world leader in Network Intelligence Optimization, today announced that it has become a Blue Coat Systems Technology Integration Partner to provide increased scalability and availability across large deployments of Blue Coat ProxySG appliances with the company's VSS's Protector Series™.
As threats to the network become more sophisticated and targeted, the need for comprehensive network security and visibility has never been greater. Gaining this complete visibility is challenging as networks become more complex, distributed, and dynamic. Enterprises also need to scale bandwidth and performance, optimizing the application and network architectures of today and tomorrow to support cloud and rich media services globally across their enterprise including all branch offices.
- VSS Protector enables greater flexibility for inline and transparent mode deployments for ProxySG appliances, which accelerate the delivery of business applications and provide control and comprehensive protection against Web-based threats.
- Combined solution enables inline deployment for ProxySG appliances with ease, optimized performance, high availability and fault tolerance without the need for third party protocols like WCCP.
- Optimized Fault Tolerance Support (Fail Open/Close): Option to configure VSS Protector to automatically bypass a failed ProxySG and send network traffic to a backup ProxySG, or opt to stop network traffic.
- Combined solution automatically reroutes traffic during updates or maintenance so that ProxySG appliances (inline) can be inserted and removed without having to experience network downtime.
- Increase performance for Blue Coat WAN Optimization, Secure Web Gateway and SSL Decryption solutions.
- Decrease POC deployment timelines for ProxySG and shorten time to protection against cyber-threats.
- Braxton-Grant Technologies, a value-added reseller of Blue Coat and VSS Monitoring products, performed the integration testing of ProxySG appliances and Protector Series.
"As companies increasingly utilize the Internet as a business application, efficient optimization of HTTP and HTTPS transactions are critical. By using the Blue Coat and VSS solution, our combined customers are provided with greater deployment flexibility."
"This interoperable solution is an efficient and scalable alternative for deploying ProxySG appliances with high availability and fault tolerance. The incorporation of VSS ensures our end users are able to leverage the latest optimization tools in their deployment."
"At Braxton-Grant we deliver best-of-breed solutions and services that meet the technical and financial requirements of our clients. By validating the VSS-Blue Coat solution, we are giving our users the industry's best deployment options for ProxySG appliances at an even better price."
About Braxton-Grant Technologies:
Braxton-Grant Technologies, Inc., (BGTech), based in Woodstock, MD, is a growing, female minority-owned and operated information technology consulting firm founded in 1997. BGTech engineers have more than 60 years of experience supporting the government and commercial clients. The company provides a range of consulting services with a focus on information security. In addition, the company is a reseller of hardware and software products. At BGTech, we understand that a highly skilled and focused work force is key to our ability to deliver quality service and support. To meet the ever changing needs of our clients, BGTech is vigorously moving to expand services as integrators. We are committed to enhancing our staff qualifications in order to continue to provide leading edge solutions. Visit http://www.bgtinc.net/index.asp for more information.
About VSS Monitoring:
VSS Monitoring, Inc. is the leader in network traffic capture, with the world's largest and most feature-rich family of traffic capture devices allowing IT professionals to see into the farthest reaches of even the largest networks, preventing problems from reaching end users, and greatly accelerating the ROI of network monitoring and security tools. VSS's innovative Distributed Traffic Capture Systems and active information assurance appliances such as the Protector Series™ herald a new architecture of network monitoring, one which fundamentally improves its capability and price-performance. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, Calif. For more information, visit www.vssmonitoring.com.
VSS, Distributed Traffic Capture Systems, and Protector Series are trademarks or registered trademarks of VSS Monitoring, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Any other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Nadel Phelan, Inc.
SOURCE VSS Monitoring