VUZE Turns Virtual Into A Consumer Reality With The World's First Affordable Consumer 3D 360 VR Camera Priced Just $799
First 3D 360 VR short at Cannes Film Festival shot with a point-and-shoot camera, with one button stitching technology and near real-time processing
May 12, 2016, 08:01 ET
CANNES, France, May 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The era of 3D 360 VR movie making just became a consumer reality at this year's Cannes Film Festival, with Summertime, the first 3D VR short to be shot with a consumer camera debuting at Next Marché du Film, Festival de Cannes. It was shot with VUZE, the world's first consumer 3D 360 VR camera and software studio, which also begins pre-orders today at the remarkable price of $799 (US). VUZE is unlike anything currently available thanks to its ability to capture both 3D and 2D VR content using a point-and-shoot camera. It also eliminates the need for lengthy post-production as it is able to stitch, edit and deliver VR videos in moments and at the touch of just one button.
Winner of the Last Gadget Standing at the 2016 internationally renowned Consumer Electronic Show, VUZE has been highly anticipated since for the first time it puts ordinary consumers as well as professional photographers and movie makers on an equal footing to create VR regardless of their budgets or technical knowhow.
Available at www.vuze.camera for $799, the pre-order bundle includes everything a person needs to capture and relive every part of the world around them in breathtaking detail. While people need to register a pre-order to secure this price, no payments will be taken until shipping begins in the fall. The bundle includes:
- VUZE camera – a sleek attractive design within a point-and-shoot form-factor makes VUZE incredibly easy-to-use. Highly portable, lightweight and ergonomically designed, VUZE can fit into most trouser pockets!
- Software Studio - offering near real-time processing and state-of-the-art stitching and at the push-of-a-button.
- VR headset
- A purposely engineered "selfie stick" which cleverly transforms into a tripod
- Detachable, multiple purpose handle for additional holding options
- Stylish carrying case for easy transportation and safe keeping
VUZE is a game changer for VR. It is like having two cameras in one, since it can easily generate 3D and 2D content and can seamless switch between both outputs. With 8 Full HD cameras for 2D content, it boasts superior quality to existing 2D 360 cameras, which typically use 2 to 4 cameras. Costing just $799, VUZE is truly a consumer option and at a fraction of the price of current 3D VR cameras that include the Nokia OZO ($60,000), the recently announced Facebook Surround 360 ($30,000) or Google Jump ($15,000).
It produces VR content in minutes with the VUZE Studio, which uses a powerful algorithm that automatically carries out a host of complex editing and stitching functions such as camera calibration, vignette, fisheye and perspective correction. This is done in moments and at a touch-of-a-button. Once created, people can share this content on any VR platform such as YouTube or Facebook or any VR headset. The VUZE software will automatically optimize the content for the platform with just one click.
"With VUZE, we are democratizing VR content creation and putting it in reach of everyday consumers," said Shahar Bin-Nun, CEO HumanEyes Technologies, the company behind VUZE. "Whether it's mini documentaries, garage band videos, capturing baby's first steps or a relatives wedding or birthday, VUZE allows people to capture and experience content in an utterly realistic way never thought possible."
VUZE has revolutionized and simplified every aspect of capturing, sharing and enjoying immersive content. Its key features include:
- 8 Full HD cameras that simultaneously capture videos and sound to facilitate full stereophonic and 360 spherical content in both 2D and 3D
- Each camera uses lenses that capture 120 horizontal FOV and 180 vertical FOV that together generate 4K stereoscopic 3D 360 VR content
- Portable, lightweight design. Dimensions 4.7"X4.7"X 1" (12 cm x 12 cm x 3 cm)
- Remotely controlled by a dedicated iOS and Android app
- Up to one hour of video capture
- Renders easy-to-edit H.264 HD video files that can be transferred to any computer
- Stylish design of the camera will be available in yellow, red, black and blue
- Touch of the button post-product that offers near real time processing (one minute of processing for one minute of footage) and state-of-the-art stitching
- Available on MAC and PC
"As a movie maker and storyteller, I am excited by the prospect of VR to engage audiences," said Nir Sa'ar, acclaimed director of Summertime. "With my short movie Summertime, VUZE helped me take this to a whole new level with the ability to transport my audience into the character's world, fully immersing them in the story as it unfolds. The simplicity and affordability of VUZE opens a world of possibility for other film makers and consumers alike. With such amazing technology open to everyone, content is only limited by our imagination."
You can see clips of Summertime here and other content created by VUZE can be seen here. If you watch online, you will see the 2D quality, but a VR headset is required to experience VUZE in its true 3D glory.
To order and be one of the first to receive VUZE, visit www.vuze.camera
VUZE was created by HumanEyes Technologies, a leader in photographic 3D and computer vision. Founded in 2000, and headquartered within the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, HumanEyes Technologies, currently holds over 70 patents in various fields of 3D associated technologies.
The company's leadership includes industry visionaries such as Prof. Shmuel Peleg, a world expert in computer vision and image processing and Benny Landa, known as the father of digital printing and former founder and CEO Indigo Digital Printing acquired by HP in 2002.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160511/366665
HumanEyes Technologies Media Contacts:
Ian Twinn / Tandem Marketing Communications
Share this article