BENTONVILLE, Ark., Dec. 15, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Just in time for the last Holiday shopping weekend, Walmart (NYSE :WMT ) announces its "Toys and More" event with big savings on top toys and electronics, as well as select home appliances and apparel. Beginning on Friday, Dec. 17(1), Walmart stores will offer savings up to $50 on many top toys and electronics, including gift cards(2) ranging up to $100 on electronics. Customers can also save up to 50 percent on select cookware and appliances.
The weekend before Christmas is anticipated to be Walmart's busiest shopping weekend of the holiday season(3). According to a recent shopper survey from Discover Financial Services(4), toys and apparel are among the top gifts shoppers plan to give this holiday season while electronics represent the number one gift consumers would like to receive. In addition, a recent survey conducted by NPD Group, found that 34 percent of consumers plan to purchase gift cards this holiday season(5). Walmart's upcoming weekend savings event gives customers the chance to save on gifts they want and receive bonus Walmart gift cards that can be used for future purchases or given as a gift to others. Walmart stores will also continue to match the price of any local competitor's printed ad for an identical product right at the register.
"Customers responded so well to our day after Thanksgiving event that we're offering them another big opportunity to enjoy similar savings on gifts still on their shopping lists," said Gary Severson, senior vice president of Entertainment, Walmart U.S. "We're kicking off the final weekend before Christmas with savings on something for everyone in the family and to help customers save even more, we'll continue to price match competitors' ads right at the checkout register in our stores."
The "Toys & More" savings event begins at 9:00 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 17, and goes through Sunday, Dec. 19 or while supplies last. Examples of holiday savings and gift card offers available this weekend include:
- Nerf N-Strike Recon CS-6: now $15 ($5 savings)
- Kung Zhu Hamsters: now $4 ($5 savings)
- Paper Jamz AC/DC Guitar with Bonus Strap*: now $15 ($9 savings)
- Air Hogs Havoc: now $19.97 ($10 savings)
- FJ Cruiser Rid: now $149 ($50 savings)
- 32" Samsung LCD HDTV: $348 plus bonus $50 Walmart Gift Card
- Nintendo Wii (White, Black, Red; includes two free games and additional controller): $199 plus bonus $75 Walmart Gift Card
- PlayStation 3 160GB Video Game System: $299 plus bonus $100 Walmart Gift Card
- Magnavox Wi-Fi Blu-ray Disc Player: $118 plus bonus $40 Walmart or Walmart.com Gift Card*
- TomTom XL 335SE 4.3" GPS: now $99 ($19 savings) plus bonus $30 Walmart or Walmart.com Gift Card*
For the Home
- All Better Homes and Gardens Holiday Dining Collection*: $1.50 – $12.50 (50% savings)
- Select Better Homes and Gardens Cookware and Appliances*: $99 plus bonus $30 Walmart or Walmart.com Gift Card. Items include:
- Better Homes and Gardens Fully Automatic Thermal 10-Cup Grind & Brew Coffee maker
- Better Homes and Gardens 10-Cup Food Processor
- Better Homes and Gardens 10-Piece Porcelain Aluminum Cookware Set
- Men's Sherpa Hoodie*: now $15 ($5 savings)
- Women's Cozy Socks: $3
*Also available at Walmart.com
Gift Cards on Select Apple Products Starting This Weekend
In addition to the "Toys & More" savings event, select Walmart stores will also offer $50 gift cards with the purchase of select Apple products starting Saturday, Dec. 18 through Dec. 25, while supplies last. Examples include:
- $50 Walmart Gift Card with Purchase of iPhone 3GS 8GB: $97 with two-year agreement
- $50 Walmart Gift Card with Purchase of iPhone 4 16GB: $197 with two-year agreement
- $50 iTunes Gift Card with Purchase of 8GB iPod touch: $225**
**Available in Walmart stores starting Sunday, Dec. 19 through Dec. 25, while supplies last
(1) Event begins at 9:00 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 17, and goes through Sunday, Dec. 19 or while supplies last
(2) Gifts cards not eligible for use toward purchase. Gift card offer not available in Hawaii, Oklahoma, Wisconsin and Puerto Rico. We will limit the number of items purchased per customer to two. Void where prohibited.
(3) Walmart internal research
(4) Discover Financial Services, Discover 2010 Holiday Shopping Survey, Dec. 6, 2010
(5) The NPD Group, Inc., The NPD Holiday Survey of Consumer Purchase Intentions, Nov. 22, 2010
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE :WMT ), or "Walmart," serves customers and members more than 200 million times per week at more than 8,600 retail units under 55 different banners in 15 countries. With fiscal year 2010 sales of $405 billion, Walmart employs more than 2.0 million associates worldwide. A leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity, Walmart ranked first among retailers in Fortune Magazine's 2010 Most Admired Companies survey. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting www.walmartstores.com and on Twitter at http://Twitter.com/Walmartnews. Online merchandise sales are available at www.walmart.com and www.samsclub.com.