ASHEVILLE, N.C., Jan. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Amp up Valentine's Day Weekend with world class romance. Recently named one of the world's top destinations in 2015 by Frommer's, Asheville offers over-the-top romantic experiences with an expansive Blue Ridge Mountain backdrop. Make your own engagement ring, play royal at an American Castle or try Cosmic Love Potion with ten stops on an aphrodisiac adventure: http://www.exploreasheville.com/over-the-top-romance
Romance the Senses: Asheville's Top Romantic Getaway Ideas
1. Chocolate + Milk Date Night – Indulge your senses at Chocolate + Milk, French Broad Chocolate Lounge's new culinary bean to bar boutique. Sip hot chocolate with flavored marshmallows or sample from their Aphrodisiac Collection with tantalizing creations like the Cosmic Love Potion Truffle.
2. Make Your Own Wedding Ring – What's more romantic than giving your loved one a handcrafted wedding or engagement ring? Visions of Creation in Black Mountain offers day classes where students can choose their own stone and go home with a handmade sterling silver ring.
3. Hot and Bothered Plates – Start your romantic meal with an appetizer of oysters from one of Asheville's independent restaurants like Seven Sows Bourbon & Larder and Rhubarb. In the mood for a locally crafted oyster stout? Visit The Lobster Trap, seafood restaurant and birthplace of Oyster House Brewing Company.
4. Cozy Cocktail Hideaway – Slip into Nightbell, one of Asheville's newest nightspots for some heartwarming drinks and blow-your-mind indulgences. Be sure to try the Cold Roses cocktail and wrap up the meal with the bite-sized petits fours. Visit MG Road for a special menu of aphrodisiac cocktails.
5. Mountain View Massage – Enjoy the fresh mountain air and the warmth of a fire at the Omni Grove Park Inn's world-renowned spa. Invoke a calming connection with nature during a couples massage in the year-round outdoor pagoda overlooking the Blue Ridge Mountains.
6. Honey Bar, Honey – Visit one of Asheville Bee Charmer's two new locations to sample the flavors of Bee City USA at their honey tasting bars. Learn about interesting pairings and then try local meadery Bee & Bramble's new honey mead varieties made with local ingredients.
7. Double Bubbles – Relax together with an Appalachia After Dark foot soak at Wake Foot Sanctuary, located in the Grove Arcade. Then head over to Battery Park Book Exchange for their champagne bar, intimate sitting areas and unique used book collection.
Valentine's Day Travel Deals and Packages
Check out romance packages from classic to culinary to spa indulgence at http://www.ExploreAsheville.com/deals.
8. Live like a King and Queen – Stay right on the grounds of America's Castle at the four-diamond Inn on Biltmore Estate. Enjoy special treats like a dozen red roses and Biltmore red wine and chocolates delivered to your room. For extra indulgence book a private carriage ride around the estate.
9. The Art of Romance - Experience Asheville's artsy side and take home a handmade keepsake with a class for two at the Asheville Glass Center, located in the River Arts District. The package also includes luxurious overnight accommodations at The Grand Bohemian, breakfast, a bottle of wine and chocolate-covered strawberries.
10. Escape to a Private Mountain Retreat – Located next to the Blue Ridge Parkway, Shoji Spa and Lodge is an outdoor retreat with private hot tubs nestled into the side of a mountain. Treat yourself and a loved one to the Aromatherapy Swedish Massage that includes a warm hinoki and tea tree oil scalp treatment and a warming ginger sake exfoliating foot treatment.
Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Asheville has long attracted those seeking escape, adventure and romance. With more than 250 independent restaurants, 21 local breweries, a walkable downtown, an eclectic art and culture scene and a myriad of accommodation choices, Asheville makes for a cozy, romantic getaway location. Find romance travel information including package details at www.ExploreAsheville.com.
SOURCE Asheville Convention & Visitors Bureau