FRAMINGHAM, Mass., April 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- If you had to use one word to sum up this season's hottest looks, that word would be "color"—plenty of brilliant, eye-catching, mood-brightening color in apparel, shoes and accessories. The bright selection of seasonal fashion features on-trend pieces with pops of corals, blues, mint green, red and fuchsia, and all can be perfectly balanced with white. Not sure which color to try? Look for a variety of options at every T.J.Maxx and every Marshalls, as each store will get fresh shipments of unique designer pieces in this color trend every week throughout the season! With the rainbow of styles found on runways this season, here are a few key looks to try:
- Color Blocking: Pair colorful hues in complementary shades. Pick up a red silk top and skinny pink-colored denim or pair contrasting shades, like an emerald top with a violet maxi skirt, for an even bolder style statement.
- Pastels: Not in the mood for brights? Try a subdued hue. Mint green, the season's hottest color, is available in a variety of silhouettes, including denim shorts, flirty skirts and maxi dresses. T.J.Maxx and Marshalls buyers work directly with designers to stock the shelves with colorful pieces at unbelievable prices! Mix mint green tops and white pants with a shoe in a pastel print, or pull a pastel cardigan over a neutral dress for a pop of spring.
- Whites: Complement the color trend by adding a touch of white to any outfit for a classically crisp and chic look. Mix pieces with different textures such as eyelet, crochet, pleats or lace for an all-over white ensemble. Try white denim with a coral halter top or accent your outfit with a white tote bag.
- Prints: Florals are hot this season in feminine dresses, blouses and even skirts. Polka dots and stripes top the must have print lists and can be found on dresses, sky-high wedges, shorts and peasant tops. Boho inspired prints with lace, embroidery and fringed hemlines come through on tribal-printed maxi dresses and peasant blouses cinched with leather belts.
Accessorize with a pop of color, such as with captivating coral bib necklaces and sea-inspired turquoise handbags, or color block with a combination of fuchsia pants and cobalt wedges. Not sure about adding so much color to your wardrobe? Here are some tips:
- Start out with a small splash— a scarf, a bag or a brightly colored shoe to add a splash of color to your outfit.
- Try wedges with prints, color-blocked heels or even bold ballet flats!
- Replace a classic piece with something more colorful, like a fuchsia cropped jacket, or put a turquoise shell under your navy work suit.
Did You Know?
Adding some fresh bursts of color from the most coveted designers to your wardrobe is easy and exciting if you shop at off-price retailers such as Marshalls and T.J.Maxx. For tips and to see what shoppers are finding, visit facebook.com/marshalls and facebook.com/tjmaxx.
SOURCE T.J.Maxx; Marshalls