XI'AN, China, Oct. 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- International Coverage and Transmission Conference (ICTC)
- Wasu, a leading Chinese operator, selects Broadcom's DOCSIS®-based EoC solution, fueling triple network convergence.
- Broadcom's technology now supports up to 800 Mbps broadband speed, driving next generation apps such as video conferencing and IPTV.
- Broadcom is actively participating in the NGB (Next Generation Broadcasting) working group, led by SARFT, the Chinese government agency overseeing broadcasting.
- Broadcom is making contributions to the standardization process of DOCSIS-based EoC led by Topway and major cable operators in China.
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a global innovation leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications, today announced that Wasu, the leading cable operator in Hangzhou, has successfully completed its network trial based on Broadcom's DOCSIS-based Ethernet over Coax (EoC) cable architecture. Wasu realized significant performance and quality of service (QoS) benefits when using Broadcom's solution to deliver reliable, fast and interactive TV, broadband and telecom services to multi-dwelling units (MDUs) and homes in China.
See Broadcom's demonstration and keynote speech at ICTC 2011 in Xi'an, Booth #T6.
- By leveraging existing EPON and GPON standards and employing DOCSIS technology as part of a customized 'final 100 meter' solution, Broadcom's DOCSIS-based EoC cable architecture is a complete chipset and software solution that includes Coax Media Converter (CMC), DOCSIS 2.0 and 3.0 cable modem, and set-top box (STB) SoC solutions.
- Leading providers of cable and network equipment are designing devices with Broadcom's DOCSIS-based EoC technology.
Zhang Changli, Vice President of Research Institute, Wasu Digital TV Media Group
"Achieving significant performance and quality of service benefits, we are pleased to implement Broadcom's technology that provides an economical architecture to implement triple play services to our subscribers. We look forward to future deployments with Broadcom, accelerating the deployment of China's NGB initiative."
Ernie Bahm, Senior Director, Cable Head-End Marketing, Broadcom
"By leveraging all key standards including DOCSIS, EPON and GPON and doubling bandwidth speed, our solution delivers high performing and reliable voice, video and data services in China. We are excited to announce the successful conclusion of Wasu's network trial as a testament to our standards-based, cost-effective DOCSIS-based EoC technology."
Subscribe to RSS Feed: Broadband Communications Group
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry's broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip and embedded software solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everything®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything® and the Connecting everything logo are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. DOCSIS®, is a trademark of Cable Television Laboratories, Inc. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Broadband