SEATTLE, June 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- WatchGuard® Technologies, a global leader in business security solutions, received an outstanding review from PC Pro Magazine for the WatchGuard XTM 330 security appliance. Hailed for its "host of sophisticated security measures at a very reasonable price," the WatchGuard XTM 330 received PC Pro's "Recommended" and "A-List" awards. In particular, it scored 6 stars for "Features & Design," and 5 stars for "Value for Money," "Performance," and the "Overall Rating."
"Small businesses are easy targets for hackers because they tend to have either outdated security systems or consumer-grade endpoint protection," said Brendan Patterson, Senior Manager of Product Management at WatchGuard Technologies. "Unlike other low-cost firewalls, the XTM 330 has enterprise class security, but in a form factor and at a price that works for any small business. It truly is a no-compromise, ultimate firewall that is optimized for today's threat landscape."
In particular, PC Pro calls out that the XTM 330 "offers impressive performance and strong features for a surprisingly low price." As for the WebBlocker service, which provides 55 categories that can be blocked or allowed on a per-policy basis, PC Pro found that it delivered "excellent results in our live filtering tests." In summary, PC Pro says, "It packs in plenty of security features and is more versatile than any other appliance we've seen at this price point."
WatchGuard XTM 330 – Packed with the latest security technologies
The XTM 330 sports the latest security services from WatchGuard, which spans a multitude of services to meet a variety of business needs. In addition to next-generation firewall and intrusion prevention capabilities, customers can choose to add a variety of security services, such as: Application Control, gateway anti-virus, WebBlocker, spamBlocker and WatchGuard's context-aware, cloud-based security service, Reputation Enabled Defense. Despite its lightweight price tag, the WatchGuard XTM 330 is heavily loaded with the latest security features and advanced networking technologies available today. These include:
- Defense-in-depth protection – Identity-based firewalling plus WatchGuard's unique proxy technology puts the XTM 330 at the forefront of firewall functionality;
- Integrated VPN –Whether it is used to create secure virtual private network (VPN) tunnels for Apple iPad, iPhone and other iOS-based devices, or used to enable secure remote connectivity for mobile employees, the WatchGuard XTM 330 makes setting up a VPN effortless and easy;
- Application Control – The WatchGuard XTM 330 provides next-generation firewall functionality via Application Control. This allows businesses to utilize web 2.0 apps, while keeping employees focused on work rather than playing social media-based games;
- Malware and Hacker Prevention – With the latest in intrusion prevention, spam-blocking and gateway anti-virus, the WatchGuard XTM 330 keeps malware, spyware, viruses, worms and hackers out of small business networks;
- Cloud-based Protection – The WatchGuard XTM 330 also leverages WatchGuard's Reputation Enabled Defense service, which is a cloud-based IP and URL reputation solution that stops threats in the cloud before they ever hit the network edge, which means network throughput is always fast;
- Advanced Management and Reporting – Real-time monitoring, secure logging and more than 65 report templates give businesses insight as to what is going in and out of their network and by whom. This gives small businesses new insights as to web and application usage, as well as remediation abilities to enforce business and IT policies.
The PC Pro review is available at: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/security-appliances/375079/watchguard-xtm-330
Pricing and Availability
List pricing for the XTM 330 begins at $1,165 and varies depending on security services selected. For more information, please go to www.watchguard.com.
About WatchGuard Technologies, Inc.
Since 1996, WatchGuard® Technologies, Inc. has been the advanced technology leader of business security solutions, providing mission-critical protection to hundreds of thousands of businesses worldwide. The WatchGuard family of wired and wireless unified threat management appliances, messaging, content security and SSL VPN remote access solutions provide extensible network, application and data protection, as well as unparalleled network visibility, management and control. WatchGuard products are backed by WatchGuard LiveSecurity® Service, an innovative support, maintenance, and education program. WatchGuard is headquartered in Seattle and has offices serving North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. To learn more, visit http://www.watchguard.com/.
WatchGuard is a registered trademark of WatchGuard Technologies, Inc. All other marks are property of their respective owners.
SOURCE WatchGuard Technologies