Water Quality Month Offers Opportunities to Help Environment
Leading New Jersey HVAC, plumbing and electrical company, Gold Medal Service, offers preservation and prevention tips to homeowners to ensure a positive impact on the environment
15 Aug, 2017, 07:17 ET
EAST BRUNSWICK, N.J., Aug. 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Gold Medal Service, a BBB A+ rated heating, cooling, plumbing and electrical service company that services more than 125,000 homeowners throughout New Jersey, offers water quality tips to homeowners during the national observance of Water Quality Month.
"The quality and availability of safe, high quality water affects everybody," said Joe Todaro, director of operations of Gold Medal Service. "All homeowners have the opportunity to not only provide clean, healthy water for their families, they can take action steps to prevent contamination and help protect fresh water sources – and even potentially save money over time - especially in areas where water quality is problematic. It matters to everyone."
August is National Water Quality Month, and Gold Medal Service offers the following tips for homeowners to have a positive impact on the environment:
- Get the facts: Municipal water suppliers provide free information on water quality and particulates, contaminants, bacteria and more. Homeowners are advised to request that information.
- Practice good water management: Try not to overwater when watering the lawn, washing the car, etc. Using too much water can result in carrying fertilizers and other harmful chemicals into the groundwater, an important source of drinking water, and it costs you money as well.
- Check for water hardness: Hard water promotes staining and scaling throughout your home's piping, fixtures, appliances and clothing. A water softener protects against hard water and extends the life of your fixtures and appliances while keeping your clothes looking fresher and cleaner.
- Manage the drain and drain system: Anti-bacterial soaps or harsh cleaning products can not only damage a drain, they are harmful to the environment. Instead, use non-toxic cleaning agents and household products when possible, and do not dispose of expired or unwanted medicines, anti-freeze or motor oil inside your home or in storm drains.
- Clean up maintenance messes: It is always important to properly clean up after any boat or car maintenance at the home. To ensure that harmful materials do not wash into the water supply, homeowners can use cat litter and apply it to spills of oil, harsh cleansers, weed killers and such, and then safely dispose of it in the trash.
- Inquire about a water filtration system: Having a high-quality water filtration system installed by a professional assures you and your family have safe and healthy water for drinking and bathing without the risks associated with contaminants, pollutants and particulates. Not only will your water be better, but there is no longer a need to purchase bottled water which saves you money.
- Request an in-home water test kit: Testing your home's water will provide peace of mind year around. Many home services companies, like Gold Medal Service, offer water test kits for free.
"Our core purpose is to help homeowners live in greater safety and comfort, and that includes helping our environment," Todaro said. "With the help of professionals, New Jersey homeowners can celebrate Water Quality Month by changing a few things around their home and making a real difference."
For more tips and advice on helping with water quality in and around the home, contact Gold Medal Service at 800-576-GOLD or visit www.goldmedalservice.com.
About Gold Medal Service
Gold Medal Service was founded in 1994 with a vision to provide homeowners with a reliable and trustworthy home service company customers could count on to fix just about anything that could go wrong in a home. Since then, Gold Medal has grown to include more than 195 Service Expert Technicians, Installers, and employees solving plumbing, heating, cooling, electric, drain, sewer and waterproofing issues for homeowners across the state of New Jersey. Gold Medal Service is a Dave Lennox Award recipient, exclusive to the top 25 Lennox Premier Dealers throughout the Unites States and Canada. For more information, call 800-576-GOLD or visit www.goldmedalservice.com.
SOURCE Gold Medal Service
Share this article