CLEVELAND, Dec. 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Hang up the holly, turn on the Christmas carols and delight in delectable recipes this holiday season with the newest recipe additions from Athens Foods®. From easy yet impressive recipes with Athens Mini Fillo Shells® to gourmet creations with Athens Fillo Dough®, your friends and family won't be able to get enough of your delicious dishes at this year's celebrations.
Fully baked and ready to fill with your favorite ingredients, Athens Mini Fillo Shells are made with layers of phyllo dough and are perfect for make-ahead recipes or your go-to party treats. Try these bite-sized holiday goodies this year:
- Eggnog Mini Shell Cups – The sweet taste of the holidays with a touch of rum will get you in the holiday spirit.
- Honey Roquefort Mini Shells – The combination of tangy Roquefort cheese and sweet honey are delightfully sweet and salty in this appetizer.
- Deli Fill & Go Mini Shell Appetizers – Enjoy this tasty and quick option to liven up your favorite deli salads and snacks.
Containing fewer calories and no saturated fat, Athens Fillo Dough is a healthy alternative to other prepared doughs. The paper-thin dough adds an element of elegance and sophistication to your holiday menu. Athens' latest phyllo-dough creations include:
- Bacon & Date Phyllo Pinwheels – The flavors of cream cheese, bacon and dates produce a surprisingly delightful concoction in these flaky pinwheels.
- Phyllo Meatballs – Flaky phyllo surrounds meatballs and mozzarella in these easy and tasty appetizers.
- Phyllo Potato Knish – These savory potato-and-onion-filled pastries come with a small taste of comfort in every bite.
For additional holiday recipes, easy baking tips and more, visit AthensFoods.com. Athens Mini Fillo Shells and Fillo Dough can be found in the dessert section of your grocer's freezer aisle.
About Athens Foods
Athens is the world's largest producer of phyllo dough and phyllo products, including convenient, fully baked Mini Fillo Shells® and Fillo Dough®. With more than 55 years of experience perfecting phyllo, Athens is committed to continually creating new recipes, gourmet appetizers, handmade desserts and a full array of phyllo delicacies. For more information about Athens Foods and its products, visit www.athensfoods.com, www.phyllo.com, www.facebook.com/AthensFoods, www.twitter.com/athensfoods, www.youtube.com/user/PhylloTips and www.pinterest.com/athensfoods/, or call 1-216-430-FILO (3456).
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/were-dreaming-of-a-delicious-holiday-season-with-athens-foods-300376147.html
SOURCE Athens Foods