WASHINGTON, March 26, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- West Health, a family of nonpartisan, nonprofit organizations focused on healthcare research, policy and philanthropy will convene High Costs, Broken Promises: Healthcare in America Summit on Tuesday, April 2, 2019 in Washington, D.C. The national summit on the high costs of healthcare will bring together top healthcare and business leaders, patient advocates and policy experts to advance common-sense reforms that can lower costs and improve the quality of care.
The summit will feature findings from a major new national survey from Gallup and West Health on how Americans view the U.S. healthcare system and the impact of skyrocketing healthcare costs on their lives and the nation's economy.
Featured participants and speakers include former administrators from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Dr. Mark McClellan and Andy Slavitt; former Ohio Governor John Kasich; CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta; West Health's president and CEO Shelley Lyford; leadership from Civica Rx; Vox.com's Sarah Kliff and Kaiser Health News' Julie Rovner, among many other healthcare leaders and policymakers.
West Health's Healthcare Costs Innovation Summit
9 a.m.-3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 2, 2019
Amphitheater at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, D.C.
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
https://www.hcidc.org/ for the Summit agenda and free registration to attend or view the webcast (required)
The full list of speakers includes:
- John Arnold, Founder and Co-Chair, Arnold Ventures
- John Bardis, Former Assistant Secretary of Administration, United States Department of Health & Human Services
- Steve Beshear, Former Governor of Kentucky (2007 – 2015)
- Roy Beveridge, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Humana
- Donna Brazile, Veteran Democratic Political Strategist; Adjunct Professor; Author and Syndicated Columnist
- Sylvia Mathews Burwell, Former Secretary, United States Department of Health & Human Services
- Gail deVore, Diabetes Patient Advocate
- Mike Ellrich, Healthcare Portfolio Manager, Gallup
- Edward J. Fotsch, MD, CEO, Gemini Health
- Sanjay Gupta, MD, Chief Medical Correspondent, CNN
- Mark Gwynne, DO, President and Executive Medical Director, UNC Health Alliance
- John Harwood, Chief Washington Correspondent, CNBC
- Peter Hayes, President and CEO, Maine Health Management Coalition
- John Kasich, Former Governor of Ohio, 2011- 2019 and CNN Senior Political Commentator
- Sarah Kliff, Senior Policy Correspondent, Vox.com
- Tim Lash, MBA, Chief Strategy Officer and Executive Vice President, West Health; President, West Health Policy Center
- Mike Leavitt, Former Secretary, United States Department of Health & Human Services; Three-term Governor of Utah
- Dan Liljenquist, Senior Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer, Intermountain Healthcare
- Shelley Lyford, President and CEO, West Health
- Carolyn Magill, MBA, CEO, Aetion
- Mark McClellan, MD, PhD, Director and Professor, Duke-Margolis Center for Health Policy; Former Administrator, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- David Mitchell, President and Founder, Patients For Affordable Drugs
- Mike Murphy, Political Strategist; Political Analyst for NBC News and Contributing Editor, TIME
- Michael Peterson, Chairman and CEO, Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- Julie Rovner, Chief Washington Correspondent, Kaiser Health News
- Bob Schieffer, Former Moderator of "Face the Nation" and former CBS News Chief Washington Correspondent
- Kathleen Sebelius, Former Secretary, United States Department of Health & Human Services; Former Governor of Kansas
- Andy Slavitt, MBA, Senior Advisor, Bipartisan Policy Center; Former Acting Administrator, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Adam Stavisky, Senior Vice President, U.S. Benefits, Walmart
- Lauren Vela, Senior Director, Pacific Business Group on Health
- Gary West, Chairman and Co-Founder, West Health
For questions or to inquire about interviews with speakers, please contact Tim Ingersoll of West Health at 619-871-3769 or email@example.com or Sofia Kosmetatos 202-729-8574 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About West Health
Solely funded by philanthropists Gary and Mary West, West Health is a family of nonprofit and nonpartisan organizations including the Gary and Mary West Foundation and Gary and Mary West Health Institute in San Diego, and the Gary and Mary West Health Policy Center in Washington, D.C. West Health is dedicated to lowering healthcare costs to enable seniors to successfully age in place with access to high-quality, affordable health and support services that preserve and protect their dignity, quality of life and independence. Learn more at westhealth.org and follow @westhealth.
SOURCE West Health