PHILADELPHIA, Aug. 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Westchester, a Chubb company, has expanded the availability of its wholesale property, casualty and specialty small business insurance coverages to the following new industries:
- Retail businesses
- Lessor's risk only
- Concessionaires and caterers
- Fitness centers
- Personal improvement/enrichment schools
"Westchester's diversification into these new markets brings our deep underwriting expertise to bear for a broader range of small business exposures and fills a need in the wholesale marketplace for tailored property, casualty and specialty insurance to address the industry-specific risks these firms face," said David Charlton, Executive Vice President, Westchester Binding Authority. "As the small business insurance marketplace continues to evolve, Westchester will continue to seek new ways to support our wholesale producers with one-stop, industry-leading insurance solutions for all their clients' needs."
The new markets supported by Westchester's dedicated Binding division include:
- Retail Businesses – Adds nine new eligible classes to Westchester's existing retail business coverage and includes the ability to add professional liability for specific classes.
- Restaurants – Covers restaurants ranging from full service to take-out with up to $6 million in annual sales.
- Concessionaires and Caterers – Covers off-premises caterer and concessionaire operations ranging from kiosks to indoor/outdoor food vendors, as well as seasonal exposures such as pumpkin or Christmas tree lots. Business owners have the option of adding Westchester's Micro Concessionaire/Caterer Endorsement, which includes coverage for small equipment, carts and kiosks, subject to limits.
- Fitness Centers – Covers traditional fitness centers, yoga/Pilates studios, CrossFit studios, and circuit training operations with up to $6 million in annual sales. Includes coverage for staffed personal trainers and on-premises child-sitting services.
- Personal Improvement/Enrichment Schools – Covers over 30 different types of schools including art/dance/music instruction, personal trainers and tutors.
- Lessor's Risk – Includes coverage for lessors with restaurant tenants with commercial cooking exposures, as well as tenants with public or private parking exposures.
Property and casualty coverage solutions for all classes of small business feature protection for real property, contents only, equipment breakdown, incidental inland marine, hired/non-owned, employee benefits, liquor liability, and product liability insurance. Specialty coverages are also available including professional liability, employment practices liability, cyber liability, and abuse and molestation liability. Quotes are available in minutes via the cutting edge Westchester Solutions Fast TrackSM, the company's award-winning online quote/issue small business underwriting platform.
The above coverages may not be available in all locations. Products mentioned in this press release are summaries only; please refer to the policy for terms and conditions.
About Westchester, a Chubb company
Westchester, a Chubb company, is one of the largest and most diverse excess and surplus lines commercial property and casualty insurance companies in the United States. Focused on the wholesale distribution channel, Westchester provides innovative specialty products for property, specialty casualty, environmental, professional risk, inland marine, product recall, small business, binding, and programs. The business is further distinguished by exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence and superior claims handling expertise. Westchester is a Chubb company. Additional information on Westchester can be found at www.westchester.com.
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurance company. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. As an underwriting company, we assess, assume and manage risk with insight and discipline. We service and pay our claims fairly and promptly. The company is also defined by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength and local operations globally. Parent company Chubb Limited is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index. Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London and other locations, and employs approximately 31,000 people worldwide. Additional information can be found at: new.chubb.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/westchesters-wholesale-small-business-insurance-expands-to-new-industry-segments-300318414.html