PORTLAND, Ore., April 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Western Graphics & Data, an IGH Solutions company, receives certification from the City of Portland Bureau of Planning and Sustainability as a company recognized to be "Recycle at Work Certified" - meaning the organization has improved its recycling practices and reduced the amount of waste it produces by implementing the City of Portland's five recycling steps.
The five steps that Western Graphics & Data implemented include:
- Identify a champion to start and maintain the program and to ensure management supports those efforts;
- Recycle all paper, glass and metal;
- Make recycling easy for employees by providing containers with labeling for easy identification and posters that provide clear instructions;
- Educate employees about what can and can't be recycled, as well as the location of recycling collection areas;
- Throw away less - monitor what is being tossed into garbage and recycling bins and plan annual activities to reduce the waste stream.
"Being recognized with the 'Recycle at Work' certification shows our commitment to protect the environment and the quality of life of our colleagues, customers and community," said Scott Mitton, General Manager at Western Graphics & Data. "We are committed to reducing waste and helping to create a cleaner, greener future by doing our part to make good choices when it comes to incorporating recycling into our business practices."
Recycle at Work Logo: http://www.ereleases.com/pic/2011-RAW-Award.gif
ABOUT WESTERN GRAPHICS & DATA
Western Graphics & Data, an IGH Solutions company, specializes in secure card personalization and packaging. IGH Solutions offers industry-leading design and manufacturing expertise in creating custom prepaid card packaging from initial concept to individual consumer personalization and fulfillment. IGH Solutions is an industry leader in plastic card printing, personalization, fulfillment, and packaging for any card program.
MEDIA CONTACT - IGH SOLUTIONS
SOURCE Western Graphics & Data