PARAMUS, N.J., Dec. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Westfield Garden State Plaza, the premier shopping center in the metro New York/New Jersey area and one of the top performing malls in the U.S., announced the new line-up of retailers that will open in the center's new premium fashion district in March 2014. Among the new arrivals are Fashion and beauty tenants Tory Burch, Vince Camuto, Maje, Sandro, Triumph Intimate Apparel, Scotch & Soda, A/X Armani Exchange, Ivivva by lululemon, Invicta, Robin's Jean, Urban Outfitters, Kiko Make Up Milano, Lush, Havaianas and Forever Flawless. Technology giant Microsoft and The Kase will also join the district. New tastes and eateries include Au Bon Pain, Max Brenner Chocolate Cafe, and Starbucks. These new retailers continue to add to Westfield Garden State Plaza's point of difference within the marketplace and for Bergen County's sophisticated shoppers. The new fashion district will be located adjacent to Neiman Marcus, Gucci, Louis Vuitton and the latest addition to compliment the retail mix, Tiffany & Co., which opened in August.
The planned March 2014 opening of the new fashion district captures many first to market, global brands that will ultimately include 23 new designer retailers on two levels within 55,000 square feet of retail space. Several additional retailers will be announced in the coming weeks and months. The center will also debut a new valet lounge and guest services suite offering amenities such as coat check and new restrooms.
The grand opening of this new district will complete the second phase of this $160 million reinvestment in the center. Phase 1 was complete in mid-November, 2013, with the opening of a state-of-the-art five-level parking deck that includes Park Assist, a high-tech parking management system. Westfield Design and Construction was responsible for design and construction.
"We are pleased to announce these exciting new arrivals," said Bryan Gaus, Senior General Manager, Westfield Garden State Plaza. "Our new retail district combines an eclectic mix of shops and first class dining offerings that are global, on-trend fashion brands, first to market in this area and include a unique mix of lifestyle concepts."
The new stores will bring the mall's store count to over 300, joining the current mix of best in class retailers such as Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Macy's, J Crew, Anthroplogie, Apple, Tommy Hilfiger, Make Up Forever and more housed in approximately 2.1 million square feet of leasable space. The new district will provide over 100 new retail jobs. More details on the grand opening of the new district will be announced in early 2014.
Westfield Garden State Plaza is the ultimate destination for fashion, dining and entertainment in the NY/NJ metro area offering the best selection of brands in every retail category, and is renowned for delivering cutting edge, new retail concepts to market. Just minutes from Manhattan in Paramus, N.J., millions of shoppers each year enjoy an unparalleled shopping and dining experience, complete with personalized services and amenities. For more information, call 201-843-2121 or www.facebook.com/gardenstateplaza or www.westfield.com/gardenstateplaza.
The Westfield Group (ASX Code: WDC) is an internally managed, vertically integrated, shopping center group undertaking ownership, development, design, construction, funds/asset management, property management, leasing and marketing activities and employing approximately 4,000 staff worldwide. The Westfield Group has interests in and operates one of the world's largest shopping center portfolios with investment interests in 91 shopping centers across Australia, the United States, the United Kingdom and New Zealand, encompassing over 20,500 retail outlets and total assets under management of A$65.8bn.
- Au Bon Pain is an urban bakery cafe that offers authentic artisan breads and scrumptious pastries, savory sandwiches, soups, salads & entrees using high quality, fresh and flavorful ingredients. ( has more than two hundred locations currently operating in the United States, South Korea, Taiwan, and Thailand)
- Max Brenner Chocolate Cafe is a chocolate retail store with a concept of providing a holistic sensual experience. It aims to create a chocolate culture around the world with its distinctive flavors and unique menu. (This is the second location in NY/NJ area. In the US they are also present in Bethesda, Boston, Las Vegas, and Philadelphia)
- A/X Armani Exchange is a youthful urban clothing label, inspired by street-chic culture, fashionable dance music and everything that signifies freedom and personal style. It is the accessible line from Giorgio Armani offering a casual, yet sophisticated collection for the young and urban generation. (New prototype will open at GSP)
- Forever Flawless is an high-end skin care line that provides corrective and anti-aging results.
- Havaianas offers a complete line of sandals with an unexpected explosion of color and creativity. The Flip Flop Purveyor from Brazil, Havaianas has been keeping feet happy for 50 years with hundreds of colorful, fun designs and the highest quality rubber.(First east coast shop- only in CA and FL currently)
- Invicta- The Invicta Watch Group offers supremely crafted, fashionable timepieces.
- Part of the Lululemon family, Ivivva is a range of active wear made for dancers, gymnasts, ice skaters, movers and shakers.(One of the first US shopping center stores by popular yoga apparel maker lululemon – catering to tween girls
- Kiko Make Up Milano is an Italian professional cosmetics brand that features a range of cutting-edge makeup, beauty products, face and body treatments. Safe and effective products of the highest quality are used to fulfill the beauty requirements of women of any age. (First to market in US)
- Lush, is a handmade cosmetics company which uses organic fruits and vegetables, the finest essential oils and safe synthetics. The products are 100% vegetarian with no preservatives or packing.(re-opening in new location at GSP)
- Maje blends the classic and the original with an emphasis on glamorous pieces and sharp details. A French women's clothing label, Maje's spirit is a resolutely feminine silhouette, both simple and bold. (only available in the US in luxury Department Stores, High streets and Tier 1 shopping centers)
- Microsoft is a distinguished worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that develops, manufactures and supports a wide range of products and services related to computing.
- Robin's Jean prides itself on producing real American jeans, inspired and made in LA, California. The brand consists of men's, women's and kids clothing and accessories, is known for its stylish cuts and avant-garde washes, as well as its intricate detailing, studded embellishments and embroidery. (Currently located in Beverly Hills, CA and Soho, New York)
- Sandro is a French clothing label for men and women offering simple and trendy looks. It is popular for its feminine, versatile dressing and effortless contemporary styles. (only available in the US in luxury Department Stores, high streets and select shopping centers )
- Scotch & Soda- hip, fresh brand with only a handful of street locations in the big fashion cities.
- Starbucks is a premium roaster and retailer of specialty coffee in the world. A beacon for coffee lovers everywhere in the world, Starbucks provides an inviting atmosphere, and richly brewed coffee, selection of premium Tazo® teas, fine pastries and other delectable treats.
- The Kase is the best destination for purchasing personalized protective covers, cases and accessories for mobile devices.(only in Singapore and Paris) - FIRST IN US
- Tory Burch is an American sportswear brand with a classic yet modern sensibility distinguished by a global and eclectic aesthetic. It embodies the style and spirit of its designer Tory Burch.
- Triumph, the makers of Lingerie have been in the business for more than a decade. With over a century of tailoress know-how, using leading edge technology Triumph creates beautifully crafted lingerie with great detail and flair.(first in NJ) - ONE OF THE FIRST IN US
- Vince Camuto is a lifestyle concept started by footwear icon Vince Camuto, founder of Nine West. The brand offers quality, innovation and style and caters to a modern woman who is knowledgeable about the hottest trends and insists upon versatility in product, from day to night, week to weekend.
- Urban Outfitters offers an eclectic mix of merchandise, from men's and women's apparel, accessories to items for the apartment. It offers a lifestyle- specific shopping experience for urban individuals with an interest in contemporary art, music and fashion. (Store will be 2 level, 14,000 sf flagship)
SOURCE Westfield Garden State Plaza