WESTFIELD CENTER, Ohio, April 16, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Staying home to prevent the spread of the coronavirus is paying off for personal auto customers. With Americans heeding "stay at home" and "shelter in place" orders, trends show fewer miles are being driven and fewer accidents are being reported. That's prompting insurance carriers including Westfield, a super-regional, customer-focused property and casualty insurance carrier, to offer premium relief to customers for spending more time at home and less on the roads. Westfield is announcing a 15 percent policy credit to their eligible personal auto insurance customers for three months.
"Life changed in just about every way and people are doing the right thing by staying home," said Westfield CEO, President and Board Chairman Ed Largent. "We believe one good turn deserves another. Customers are driving less, so, they should pay less for their personal auto insurance during this unprecedented time."
Westfield Personal Auto customers will receive a 15 percent credit of their eligible monthly auto premium* for the months of April, May, and June 2020. Customers with an active Personal Auto policy as of April 30, 2020, will receive the full credit to their account in the month of May 2020. Altogether, Westfield is returning more than $16 million dollars to Personal Insurance customers.
Westfield is also offering flexible billing solutions to help customers facing financial hardships. In addition, Westfield will:
- Provide coverage to customers with a Personal Auto policy who are engaged in delivery of essential goods, including food delivery.
- Waive the limit for additional living expenses for customers who have experienced a claim that requires them to relocate from their residence where repairs are delayed as a result of business closures and other servicing difficulties associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Waive the limit for rental reimbursement for customers who have an insured vehicle in for personal auto repairs as a result of a claim and repairs are delayed as a result of business closures and other servicing difficulties associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
For more information, please visit westfieldinsurance.com
The Westfield Insurance Foundation is helping communities in Northeast Ohio and across the country by donating nearly $1.5 million dollars to nonprofit partners focused on family stability and disaster recovery. These dollars will help stabilize communities and help those who need economic support. Knowing it's a long road to fully recover, Westfield provides funding for the long-term to help families and communities rebuild and regain normalcy. Immediate donations include:
- Northeast Ohio nonprofits addressing hunger and Westfield's national partner, Feeding America. Westfield is matching dollar-for-dollar up to $50 for every employee who gives to the COVID-19 funds of the foodbanks and United Ways in their hometowns.
- Westfield is working with select independent insurance agencies across the country to donate nearly $600,000 to nonprofits in their communities to support COVID-19 recovery efforts and other community needs.
- Pledged a donation of support to the Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation Children's Relief Fund, helping vulnerable children in need.
To learn more about how Westfield is helping communities, click here.
Westfield was founded in 1848 by a small group of hard-working farmers who believed in the promise of the future and the power of the individual. Today, as one of the nation's leading property and casualty (P&C) companies, we remain true to their vision and are dedicated to making a positive difference in our customers' lives. In 2019, J.D. Power ranked Westfield #1 in customer satisfaction among auto insurers in the North Central Region. Learn more about Westfield at www.westfieldinsurance.com.
* Subject to regulatory approval