OAKLAND, Calif., Feb. 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- This Valentine's Day, Generation Tux, George Zimmer's state-of-the-art online suit and tuxedo rental platform, unveils results of a national study on love and romance, with Generation Y leading a return to dapperness in the pursuit of romance. The nationally-representative survey, conducted online by Harris Poll on behalf of Generation Tux, identifies what women, especially Millennial women, find attractive about dating website profile pictures, what intrigues them to stay the night, what attire women find most sexy and more.
As the most high-tech and high-touch formalwear company and the only platform built on George Zimmer's unparalleled expertise, Generation Tux helps outfit men for life's most memorable moments, whether for a wedding, proposal or even a first date. To inspire and encourage men to suit up and look their best on a regular basis, Generation Tux investigated the correlation between love, romance and the power of great attire, unearthing how a suit or tuxedo impacts the way women, in particular ages 18-34, feel towards men.
"There's nothing quite like a suit or tuxedo to enhance your evening, and with Generation Tux, we've got men covered," said George Zimmer, CEO and Founder of Generation Tux. "Having outfitted hundreds of thousands of men, I have always believed that women love a well-dressed man, and these survey results confirm what I've seen throughout my four-decade retail career. I'd like to think that tuxedos make us better people... at least for a night."
Key takeaways from Generation Tux's first-ever study include:
- Stylish sleepovers – Millennial women age 18-34 are more than twice as likely to sleep with their date if he's wearing a tuxedo compared to women age 35+ (24 percent vs. 10 percent, respectively).
- Suit up for romance – Four in five (80 percent) American women agree that there is nothing more romantic than a man who knows how to dress up right.
- Finding Mr. Right Swipe – Millennial women and women age 45-54 are more likely than those age 65+ to say that a man wearing a tuxedo on their dating website profile picture catches their eye (41 percent and 40 percent vs. 26 percent, respectively).
- Guys, spice up your wardrobe! - Half of Millennial women, ages 18-34, say that a tuxedo is the sexiest thing a man can wear.
- Coast to Coast – Women living in the West are more likely than those in the Northeast to think a man dressed in formalwear would make a proposal more romantic (67 percent vs. 54 percent, respectively), as well as enjoy going on dates that require formalwear (49 percent vs. 36 percent, respectively)
- Impress your fiancée-to-be – Two thirds (66 percent) of Millennial women agree that a man dressed in formalwear would make a marriage proposal more romantic.
- Black Tie Not Optional – Millennial women (59 percent) are more likely to enjoy going on dates that require formalwear than their older counterparts age 35+ (35 percent).
For more information on Generation Tux, visit www.generationtux.com. Find @GenerationTux on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, and join the conversation using #GenTux.
This survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Poll on behalf of Generation Tux from February 3-5, 2016 among 1,192 U.S. women ages 18 and older. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete survey methodology, including weighting variables, please contact Lana Powers.
About Generation Tux
Generation Tux is a first-of-its-kind 'high tech, high touch' online tuxedo and suit rental platform, offering exclusive service with tailors on demand to visit your home or office so you can look your best during life's most important moments. From trusted entrepreneur George Zimmer, whose pioneering vision is once again revolutionizing how people get dressed and share key life experiences, Generation Tux is changing the way men rent tuxes and suits, making this luxury accessible to all. Distinguished by superior quality and style, a hassle-free online shopping experience and unrivaled concierge services, Generation Tux is in a league of its own. Visit www.generationtux.com or join the conversation #GENTUX.
SOURCE Generation Tux