Get the Latest Industry News at the Urban Land Institute's 2011 Fall Meeting and Urban Land Expo
October 25 – 28 in Los Angeles
WASHINGTON, Sept. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- With the economy still shaky, the outlook for the real estate industry remains uncertain. What are the short- and long-term implications for the residential and commercial sectors? Which markets are best positioned for a recovery, and why? Industry experts from the Urban Land Institute (ULI) will answer these questions and discuss other timely industry topics during the institute's upcoming Fall Meeting & Urban Land Expo, set for October 25 – 28, 2011 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
ULI's annual fall meeting, which typically draws more than 6,000 leaders in real estate and land use, offers "the best of the best" in terms of prominent guest speakers, knowledgeable panelists, industry analysts and content-rich material. Listen and learn as they share business strategies and candid perspectives on current trends and market conditions. If you are able to attend only one meeting this year, mark this one on your calendar.
Release of 2012 Emerging Trends in Real Estate®: The Americas
Wednesday, October 26, 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm (Media lunch)
This widely anticipated report, published annually by ULI and PricewaterhouseCoopers, offers the latest on markets and property sectors to watch, as well as an update on real estate capital markets. Have lunch and talk to our analysts about the forecast for the year ahead.
Looking to 2020 and Beyond
Wednesday, October 26, 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Don't miss this media-only roundtable featuring ULI Chairman Peter Rummell, ULI CEO Patrick Phillips and other key ULI leaders. Get their candid insights on major "change agents" that will reshape urban growth patterns in the years ahead.
Among the general session keynote speakers:
- Dr. Robert Gates, United States Secretary of Defense (2006-2011) will share his perspective on international matters, experiences in global politics, and leadership in the international sphere.
- Eli Broad, Founder, the Broad Foundations, will share how he applied business acumen to charitable giving in order to create venture philanthropy and encourage entrepreneurship.
- Tim Leiweke, President & CEO, AEG, will discuss AEG's global vision and expansion which includes the development of large multi-use projects in addition to several sports franchises.
Don't miss our information-packed sessions that are sure to satisfy your area of interests! Whether you specialize in capital markets, housing or transportation infrastructure, or if your interests are more general, ULI's Fall Meeting will provide you with timely trends-oriented material.
The 2011 ULI Fall Meeting sessions will cover a number of industry topics, including:
- Capital Markets and Real Estate Finance
- Sustainable Development and Green Building
- Office, Retail, Industrial
- Market & Industry Trends
- Hotel and Resort Development
- Transportation Infrastructure and Development
- The Public Sector Side
The Fall Meeting will be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center October 25-28, 2011. For more information on the event, visit the meeting website at: http://www.ulifall.org
About the Urban Land Institute
The Urban Land Institute (www.uli.org) is a global nonprofit education and research institute supported by its members. Its mission is to provide leadership in the responsible use of land and in creating and sustaining thriving communities worldwide. Established in 1936, the Institute has nearly 30,000 members representing all aspects of land use and development disciplines.
SOURCE Urban Land Institute