ITASCA, Ill., Jan. 24, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The National Safety Council has announced the 2019 CEOs Who "Get It," an annual recognition presented to safety leaders who go above and beyond to protect employees both on and off the job.
"These leaders understand that safety is the cornerstone of every world-class business," said Nick Smith, interim president and CEO of the National Safety Council. "They have set a standard for their peers and colleagues, and we are proud to recognize their efforts."
This year's CEOs represent national and international organizations. Each honoree has built his or her organization's safety strategy using four key components: leadership and employee engagement, safety management solutions, risk reduction, and performance measurement.
This year's recipients are:
- Stuart Bradie, president and CEO, KBR
- Anthony "Tony" Campbell, president and CEO, East Kentucky Power Cooperative
- Brian DiSabatino, CEO, EDiS Co.
- John E. Fenton, president and CEO, Patriot Rail Co. LLC
- Greg Gluchowski, president and CEO, The Hillman Group
- Maree Russo Mulvoy, president, M R Products Inc., home of Mr. Chain
- Kenneth J. Rueter, president and CEO, UCOR, an AECOM-led partnership with Jacobs
- William A. Wulfsohn, chairman and CEO, Ashland
A Q&A with each of the CEOs Who "Get It" is featured in the February 2019 issue of Safety+Health magazine.
About the National Safety Council
The National Safety Council (nsc.org) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to eliminate preventable deaths at work, in homes and communities, and on the road through leadership, research, education and advocacy. Founded in 1913 and chartered by Congress, NSC advances this mission by partnering with businesses, government agencies, elected officials and the public in areas where we can make the most impact.
Connect with NSC:
SOURCE National Safety Council