HERZLIYA, Israel, June 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- SafeDK, the world's mobile SDKs management solutions leader, is releasing today an updated version of their Mobile SDKs Trends report. The report is revealing who are the top mobile app SDKs by category, app or game category, top global apps and the differences between developers selected geos.
The data consists of over 150,000 free Android apps, including apps that were featured in Google Play's top charts against a database of over 900 mobile SDKs. This report is comparing the data from our latest report that was released on January 2017, revealing interesting insights.
Some of the key trends covered in the report:
The most popular SDK category among the apps we've looked at remains analytics (Though absolute usage % slightly dropped compared to Jan):
- Analyzing the top SDK players, overall, Google Play Services naturally remains on top, Facebook SDK is in stagnation, Flurry continues to drop.
- Firebase use is rising steadily in recent months
- For the first time, Branch has made it to first place as the preferred mobile user engagement SDK, pushing Urban Airship to second place.
To explore many additional trends, as well as to learn about differences by developers' geos, please download the full report.
Some more key insights:
- The average number of integrated SDKs has not changed since January 2017 and is still a solid 17.8 SDKs an app. In 2016, we've seen a massive growth, and this stagnation may imply that the market is maturing.
- Mobile payment continues to grow, and PayPal isn't leading in all geos.
- Google's addition to its Play Services SDK, Firebase continues to grow.
- Branch is now the leading mobile app engagement industry player
The complete updated report includes an additional analysis of:
- The market share of top SDK companies: in general, by SDK category, and per app publisher geo.
- SDK Implementation trends by apps of all scales including the biggest apps worldwide.
To download the full report, click here.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/who-are-the-popular-mobile-app-sdks-in-the-android-market-safedk-releases-an-updated-trend-report-comparing-jan-to-may-2017-data-300477620.html