FORTVILLE, Ind., March 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- What do celebrities Kim Kardashian, Matthew McConaughey, Nicholas Cage and Raquel Welch all have in common? They all have either recently purchased or are selling their homes—and each of their homes have hardwood flooring.
According to a survey by the National Wood Flooring Association, 90 percent of real estate agents said that houses with wood floors sell faster and for higher prices than houses without wood floors.
The natural beauty, durability and warmth that hardwood floors lend to the interiors have made it the classic choice among not only celebrities but most Americans, according to Steven Eck, Chief Marketing Officer of Holloway House, a leading manufacturer of floor care products.
"In our recent survey of 1,000 homeowners, 79% of respondents had hardwood floors," noted Mr. Eck. According to Holloway House, there are a number of reasons for coveting wood floors.
- Ease of maintenance. Minimal care and maintenance of hardwood floors can help retain their elegance and beauty. Regular cleaning takes little more than sweeping and vacuuming, with occasional use of a professional wood floor cleaning product such as Quick Shine® Floor Finish.
- Ecological benefit. Wood floors are ecologically friendly. Hardwood floors are the perfect choice for celebrities and consumers as it contributes towards a healthier home environment. And, because wood does not collect dust and other allergens, many leading health associations agree that wood floors are the perfect choice for a healthy home.
- Longevity is another factor that has made hardwood floors the all time favorite. The durability of hardwood floors make them easy to repair and instantly regain their natural luster and beauty.
- Variety and uniqueness. According the National Hardwood Flooring Association, wood floors have come a long way in the past few years. Today, there are more styles, colors and species of wood flooring available than ever before. Whether you're looking for traditional oak, rustic pine, exotic wenge or trendy bamboo, you're sure to find a color and style to fit your décor.
- Affordable. Not that celebrities necessarily have to worry about affordability, but for those of you who do, today's wood floors are affordable. Over time, wood floors maintain their value. When other flooring options are looking tired and worn out, wood floors will still look beautiful and timeless.
Additional information please go to www.HollowayHouse.net
SOURCE Holloway House