MCLEAN, Va., Jan. 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- WidePoint Corporation (NYSE Mkt: WYY), a leading provider of secured, cloud-based, enterprise-wide solutions and services in mobile communications management and identity management solutions, has launched a robust, cloud based, internally developed Identity as a Service (IDaaS) capability. This service provides secure digital certificates to all types of mobile devices (e.g., smartphones, tablets, laptops, IP cameras) in order to enhance the information security assurance level of mobile transactions and access management to corporate networks, databases, and other IT assets.
The combined shipments of PCs, tablets, and mobile phones are projected to reach 2.48 billion units in 2014, with growth being driven predominantly by sales of tablets and smartphones, according to Gartner Group.
Gartner further predicts that by 2017, half of all employers will require employees to bring their own device (BYOD), which will introduce a host of added potential vulnerabilities including:
- the introduction of viruses or malware into the enterprise network;
- employee access to, and handling of, sensitive data issues; and
- compliance issues with regulations related to accessing restricted proprietary data.
Whether a device is company-issued or BYOD, appropriate security measures will need to be implemented by organizations of all types in addressing the risk that the explosion of workforce mobility places upon an organization's information technology infrastructure as it is pushed to expand beyond traditional boundaries.
WidePoint's IDaaS "Certificate-on-Chip" service can mitigate these problems allowing organizations to:
- Create a secure VPN connection between the organization's network and the devices used by mobile or home-based employees—without a proprietary software client.
- Ensure employees download sensitive data only to authorized, properly configured, and protected devices.
- Remotely revoke certificates of devices that were lost or stolen, or belong to an employee who has left the organization.
WidePoint's IDaaS "Certificate-on-Chip" service provides:
- a level of federally compliant assured information security far beyond a simple username and password-based VPN solution, and
- enables organizations to assign different levels of access to employees, consultants, and trading partners, based on the specific BYOD user device being used to establish connectivity.
Daniel Turissini, WidePoint CTO, stated, "Our expertise in building out a Federally authorized credentialing infrastructure to a base of over 3 million users has uniquely qualified us to develop and bring to market a cost effective, scalable, and easily deployed service that addresses the problems that organizations are presently facing as they extend their IT infrastructures into the cloud."
WidePoint's IDaaS "Certificate-on-Chip" service also allows the use of attribute-based access control (ABAC). ABAC provides the flexibility organizations need to manage their global mobile workforces for today and tomorrow.
Further, Gartner predicts that by 2020, 70% of enterprises will use attribute-based access control as the dominant mechanism to protect critical assets, up from less than 5% today.
Steven L. Komar, WidePoint CEO & Chairman, added, "With our long and proven history of expertise in communications lifecycle management and identity assurance solutions, WidePoint is uniquely attuned to providing higher-level security as part of its portfolio of Managed Mobility Solutions offerings to Commercial and Government markets." He continued, "The IDaaS 'Certificate-on-Device' service provides customers with additional security in a manner that can not only increase worker productivity, but that is also complementary to the organization's unique security policies and related compliance requirements."
For more information on this unique new IDaaS 'Certificate-on-Device' Service please contact Mr. John Atkinson, WidePoint Chief Sales and Marketing Officer at [email protected].
WidePoint is a leading provider of secured, cloud-delivered, enterprise-wide information technology-based solutions that can enable enterprises and agencies to deploy fully compliant IT services in accordance with government mandated regulations and advanced system requirements. WidePoint has several major government and commercial contracts. For more information, visit www.widepoint.com.
For More Information:
SOURCE WidePoint Corporation