CLEVELAND, April 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The tradition of celebrating weddings with engraved gifts dates back more than 250 years, since the first commemoratives were commissioned to celebrate royal events such as weddings and baptisms. While Will and Kate's official commemoratives range from fine bone china to coins and stamps, brides and grooms on this side of the pond turn to retailers such as Things Remembered for personalized, go-to gifts for the bridal party, parents and each other.
In honor of the Royal Wedding, Things Remembered will give fans a chance to express their own sentiments and a chance to win a royal prize. Beginning April 20, fans can visit http://on.fb.me/TRRoyal to propose their own engravings for William and Kate and vote on their favorite sentimental, fun or "cheeky" submission.
"Engraved gifts capture sentiment unlike any others because they can be customized with messages ranging from the simplest 'I love you' to favorite song lyrics," said Amy Myers, vice president of creative services. "Although a Westminster Abbey ceremony might not be in the budget, a couple's day can be just as memorable with customized wedding logos to brand the day their own."
Popular Things Remembered gifts for today's bridal parties and couples include:
- Floating Crystal Compact – Whether she's re-adjusting her elegant hairdo after dancing or freshening up before dinner, she'll want to look her camera-ready best. Fun, flirty and feminine, the crystal compact features sparkling crystals that float within a delightful heart on the top. Engrave it with a message that will keep her smiling all night.
- Leaves & Vines Perfume Atomizer – This ultra-feminine perfume atomizer is one she'll love to show off. The satin silver comes alive with extraordinary debossed leaves and hand-set crystals. Personalize it with a thank you for each English rose in your party. A matching compact, business card case and purse frame are also available.
- USB Photo Keychain – For the girlfriends that have been there through it all—and have the photos to prove it—this engravable USB photo keychain will capture one more great memory together. It holds two gigs of file space, as well as a 1.1" x .8" picture of you and your ladies in waiting, with room for engraving on the front.
- USB Memory Dog Tags – Whether honoring those who, like William, served alongside you in the military or simply bestowing a fun gift with a techie spin, Things Remembered offers a USB dog tag. One of the silver-plated dog tags hides a USB drive that flips open for easy use and holds two gigs of files. Both tags are attached to a classic ball chain for fashionable yet masculine style. Thank those who have stood by your side for so many years with an engraved message.
- Silver Playing Card Set – Texas Hold 'em, Blackjack, Gin—whatever their game, poker night with your groomsmen will be in order after they receive this gift of two durable decks of plastic hologram cards. The silver-plated case features a sophisticated weave texture lid and plenty of engravable space for his name or a special message.
- Textured Flask Set – It's the classic groomsman gift that turns the wedding party into a wedding party. Now groomsmen can take their favorite libation with them in this full-size flask and matching pair of shot glasses. Featuring a unique etched textured pattern, it's a fun-to-hold gift that can be personalized with a message for your groomsmen. Engrave it with a humorous "Not Intended for the Ceremony" for the Prince Harry entourage.
Gifts for the Couple, For Each Other
- Seed Pearl Collection – Like fine beadwork on a wedding dress, this sumptuous collection exudes classic sophistication. The pearls and stones are set by hand, and the satin silver gleams softly, allowing for the couple's names and wedding date to take center stage. It's a beautiful, elegant set complete with flutes, servers and a matching ornament to forever remember their special day. Both the flutes and the server set are royally presented in a black velvet presentation box.
- Photo Canvas Art – This is one picture the paparazzi won't be able to capture. Things Remembered offers gallery-quality photo canvasses to commemorate a wedding day memory, and an individual artist will work with the couple to turn a photo into a masterpiece. An enlarged photo can be printed in full color, black and white, sepia or even on brushed aluminum. Personalize the photo canvas with the couple's name, wedding date or any other personalized message, or purchase a photo canvas gift card online so the newlyweds can pick their favorite photo from their wedding day or honeymoon. Available in a variety of sizes, up to 30" x 40".
- Charm Story Collection – From Will's first sighting of Kate modeling on the runway, and throughout their eight-year romance, the couple has celebrated many milestones together. To celebrate your own history, select a starter bracelet in one of four designs, or the toggle charm necklace and add charms of your choice: a graduation cap representing college memories; the starfish charm to signify your tropical spring break; or a champagne bottle to toast your new lives together. Personalize each charm with special dates or any message meaningful to you both.
- Watch Money Clip – With a new princess by his side, William will have much more on his mind this year. Bestow your own prince charming with the ultimate two-in-one gift to help him keep track of time and money. This stylish engravable money clip features a watch face complete with a handsome gloss black dial and sleek silver-plated finish. Engrave it with a timeless love note.
All of these products and more can be purchased and engraved at Things Remembered stores nationwide or online at www.thingsremembered.com.
About Things Remembered
Things Remembered, based in Highland Heights, Ohio, is the nation's leading chain of personalized gift stores, with more than 600 stores in 49 states. For more information about Things Remembered or for store locations, call 800-274-7367 or log on to www.thingsremembered.com.
Landau Public Relations
Landau Public Relations
SOURCE Things Remembered