NEW YORK, Sept. 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Synopsis
Overall trends in the data revealed:
- Customer priorities in supplier selection are samples and demonstrations of products and services to trial, and previous working relationships with trusted brands
- Suppliers perform well overall, but have lower levels of satisfaction in key maintenance and logistical issues
- Caterpillar received the highest average satisfaction ratings in 8 categories and was considered the leading supplier for most categories of surface mining equipment
- Account managers make a significant impact in the selection process, alongside having a trusted brand in the market.
- Customers in Asia are very happy with their current supplier with only 12% are open to change in the medium term
- Product quality and reliability was the stand out area highlighted for improvement
This report provides a detailed analysis of customer preferences throughout the Asia-Pacific mining sector, focusing on the factors that influence purchasing decisions and the performance of major equipment suppliers in the region. The analysis is based on Timetric's extensive survey of over 110 senior decision makers.
Areas of analysis include:
- Customer satisfaction ratings on the performance of their main equipment supplier across 16 categories. Identifying which areas of business suppliers are excelling and which suppliers are out-performing the competition.
- Identify which factors influence the decision making process for choosing an equipment supplier.
- Analysis of the major suppliers, namely Caterpillar, Komatsu, Sandvik, and Atlas Copco, including their performance ratings compared to the overall average.
- Rankings of the leading suppliers for each equipment type, with respondents indicating who they viewed as the top suppliers throughout Asia for trucks, excavators, loaders, shovels, dozers, drills, continuous miners, engines, tires, pumps.
- Insight into the likelihood of switching supplier, and the median perceived lifespan, in years, for select mining equipment.
- Key action points for suppliers for product and service improvements, highlighted by their customers.
The report is based on responses from a survey of over 110 senior decision makers at operating Asia-Pacific mines, responsible for the purchase of equipment for plant and mine operations, along with its consumables. Survey respondents represented 8 different countries including: India, Indonesia and the Philippines. This included four different commodity groups and a range of surface and underground mining operations.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify key areas for differentiation by understanding what factors most influence choice of supplier
- Target product and service improvement areas based on where mining equipment suppliers are currently underperforming relative to customer expectations
- Develop successful sales and marketing strategies through an understanding of the leading competitors and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Manufacturers performed well with miners most satisfied with their 'ability to develop a long-term partnership' and their 'product quality and reliability'.
- Mines were most dissatisfied with 'price', 'lead time, speed to deliver and install equipment' and 'on-time delivery and installation of equipment'.
- Overall the major suppliers such as Caterpillar, Komatsu, Sandvik and Atlas Copco perform well in terms of customer satisfaction, with Caterpillar dominant in 8 of the 16 factors examined.
- Account managers make a significant impact in setting a manufacturer apart from their competition during the selection process, as the respondents cited 'Better understanding of your needs', 'Better ability to build a long-term partnership', 'Demonstrated their product was superior', 'Better tendering skills', 'Better timing of contact' and 'Better track record/expectations of delivery online' as key differentiating factors when choosing their current main supplier.
- 'Product quality and reliability', 'availability of replacement parts' and 'ability to support cost reduction' are the three leading areas considered by miners to require manufacturer improvement.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04141137-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001