LOS ANGELES, June 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Leading global producer of entertainment finance conferences Winston Baker will be returning to China for Film Finance Forum China. China's film industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and with the estimated success that China will be surpassing North America to become the biggest film market in the world by the year of 2017, it is inevitable for all Chinese filmmakers to question - do we really need the overseas market? And if so, how can we make Chinese-language films "Go Global"?
To address this question, the theme for the 4th Annual Film Finance Forum China presented by Winston Baker in partnership with the Shanghai International Film Festival is "Going Global: The New Era of Production and Dealmaking." This unprecedented event will be hosted on June 13, 2016 at the Crowne Plaza Shanghai and will bring together high-level executives, award-winning producers, and top dealmakers to address industry trends and strategies for success between the Chinese and international entertainment businesses, industrialization of Chinese filmmaking, and outputting streams of quality films that have a global appeal.
Stanley Tong, the worldwide-acclaimed director, known for the Chinese franchise Police Story, starring Jackie Chan, Chinese Zodiac, and Kungfu Yoga, will conduct a keynote conversation with David Uslan, the son and producing partner of Michael Uslan, the legendary creator of Batman movies, on the nuts and bolts of making a franchise. The program will also include topics on the realities of entering the Chinese film market; art of packaging and working with international talents; industry and cultural nuances as they relate to co-production; cross-border corporate ventures; and exploring the new era of Chinese and Hollywood studios. The notable speaking faculty addressing these topics will include:
- Tom Ara, Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- Spencer Baumgarten, Agent, Motion Picture Literary, Creative Artists Agency
- Patrick Brzeski, Asia Bureau Chief, The Hollywood Reporter
- Jing Cao, Counsel, Entertainment, Sports & Media Group, O'Melveny & Myers, LLP
- Rong Chen, President, Perfect World Pictures
- Lindsay Conner, Partner and Co-Chair, Entertainment and Media Practice, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Serena Deng, President, Grand Canal Pictures
- Ellen Eliasoph, President and Chief Executive Officer, Village Roadshow Entertainment Group Asia
- William Feng, Head of Greater China, Vice President of Asia Pacific, Motion Picture Association
- Mark Gao, Chairman, Fundamental Films
- Jason Goldberg, Partner, Covington & Burling LLP
- Wei Han, Chief Executive Officer, Bliss Media Co. Ltd. (Shanghai)
- Robb Klein, Partner, Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Max Michael, Head of Asian Business Development, UTA
- Bennett Pozil, Executive Vice President, Head of Corporate Banking, East West Bank
- Stephen Saltzman, Partner, Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Dongbing Shan, Founder & President, Donwa Pictures
- Stanley Tong, President, China Film International
- David Miles Uslan, Producer, Entertainment Executive, Writer, Publisher, Consultant
- Yibing Wang, Executive Director and Producer, Injo Films
- Michelle Yang, President, Vantage Entertainment
- Fang Zhao, General Manager, Wanda Media
The Shanghai International Film Festival has become one the most influential film events in the Asian-Pacific area, drawing celebrities, renowned filmmakers, and executives from around the world. Winston Baker's conference offers participants a unique way to forge connections with active industry dealmakers and learn from their experiences.
Sponsors and partners of Winston Baker's forum include The Hollywood Reporter, IM Global, Vine Alternative Investments, Covington and Burling, East West Bank, Greenberg Traurig, Loeb & Loeb, Manatt, Motion Picture Association, O'Melveny & Myers, Sheppard Mullin, and Vantage Entertainment.
About Winston Baker
Winston Baker produces conferences globally for the entertainment industry addressing strategies for innovation, finance and growth. In particular, Winston Baker is the leading producer of film finance conferences, successfully creating and organizing the Film Finance Forum ® Series and hosting sold out events across the US, Europe, Asia Pacific, China, and Latin America. At each conference, Winston Baker brings together the most seasoned and successful entertainment executives and financiers to address current trends in the entertainment business. For more information: www.WinstonBaker.com / @WinstonBaker.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/winston-baker-returns-to-china-to-address-global-strategies-at-shanghai-international-film-festival-300281761.html
SOURCE Winston Baker