WIRED Reveals First-ever Next List In May Issue
Pinterest's Tracy Chou, Google's Jeff Dean, Facebook's Yael Maguire, and USA CTO Megan Smith Appear on Covers
21 Apr, 2015, 07:00 ET
NEW YORK, April 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- WIRED announces today its first-ever Next List, revealing the 20 unsung geniuses that are about to radically reshape the business world.
"The Next List is a collection of people from across the business landscape who are changing the way we live, work, play, and think... But together, this eclectic group points toward a new way of thinking about new ways of thinking," said WIRED editor in chief Scott Dadich in his monthly editor's letter.
The list appears in the May issue of WIRED, which features, on four different covers, USA CTO Megan Smith, who is bringing a startup mindset to DC; Yael Maguire, whose Facebook Lab is using lasers to blanket the Earth in Wi-Fi; Pinterest's Tracy Chou, who is fighting sexism in Silicon Valley; and Jeff Dean, the Google A.I. guru who is teaching machines to learn.
WIRED's complete Next List is included below:
- Megan Smith – Chief technology officer, US government
- Yael Maguire – Engineering director, Facebook Connectivity Lab
- Jeff Dean – Senior fellow, Research group, Google
- Tracy Chou – Software Engineer, Pinterest
- Cindy Holland – VP of original content, Netflix
- Roy Price – VP of Amazon Studios, Amazon
- Yoky Matsuoka – VP of technology and analytics, Twitter
- Dan Zigmond – Vice president of data, Hampton Creek
- Hugo Barra – Vice president, Xiaomi Global
- Rony Abovitz – CEO/founder, Magic Leap
- Tomer Kagan – CEO/cofounder, Quixey
- Lucy Peng – CEO, Ant Financial
- Mike Arpaia – Software engineer, Facebook
- Saschka Unseld – Creative director, Story Studio, Oculus
- Solomon Hykes – Founder, Docker
- John & Patrick Collison – Cofounders, Stripe
- Imran Khan – Chief strategy officer, Snapchat
- Tina Nova – Senior vice president of oncology, Illumina
- Lucy Koh – US District Court judge for the Northern District of California
- Regina Dugan – Head, Advanced Technology and Projects, Google
For more on the Next List, pick up a copy of the May issue of WIRED, on newsstands nationwide on April 28, and visit wired.com now.
WIRED is the essential source of information and ideas that make sense of a world in constant transformation. We tell an ongoing adventure story—the invention of the future. The WIRED conversation illuminates how technology is changing every aspect of our lives—from culture to business, science to design. The breakthroughs and innovations that we cover lead to new ways of thinking, new connections, and new industries. We introduce you to the people, companies, and ideas that matter. WIRED reaches more than 30 million people each month through WIRED.com, our tablet edition, the magazine, social media, and live events.
Corey Wilson, WIRED, 212-286-2419, [email protected]
Samantha Storch, WIRED, 212-286-2251, [email protected]
Share this article