LONDON, June 1, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Visit Norway is looking for four ordinary people who are seeking an extraordinary adventure to be the stars of its summer postcard photo-shoot in Northern Norway.
No modelling experience is required but entrants should enjoy outdoor activities and be aged 25-65. The winners will take centre stage in a photo shoot with a professional photographer in awe-inspiring Norwegian nature. Postcards will subsequently be printed and sold in Northern Norway.
Catherine Foster, Country Manager, Visit Norway UK said: "We are looking for ordinary people! Our models should have a vibrant personality and a love for the outdoors to offset the rugged and striking landscape in Northern Norway "
Potential models must be available to travel to one of three destinations in Northern Norway with a partner of their choice from August 14-17, 2010. Applications can be made through the Norway Postcard Models Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/postcardmodels). To enter, simply upload your photo into our picture-perfect Northern Norway postcard scenes. If enough of your Facebook friends 'Like' the image that you create, you stand a greater chance of being picked as the winner.
The closing date for entries is 31st July.
Terms and conditions for Postcard Models competition:
1. These T&Cs apply to the 'Postcardmodles' competition (the "Competition") being run by Innovation Norway (the "Promoter") 2. This Competition is open to residents in the United Kingdom only
3. Entrants must be 18 years of age or above at the time of travel, and enjoy activities in nature
4. Deadline for competition is 31st July 2010 (0:00 GMT). Winners will be notified by Promoter via email no later than 3rd August 2010
5. All images must be submitted as indicated on the competition Facebook page. Submitted materials will appear on the Facebook page after approval by the Promoter.
6. Competition entries that have gathered at least 10 'likes' will qualify for entry into the competition. Promoter will pick four winners who will each travel to Norway with one partner. Shortlisted entrants may be interviewed by the Promoter's judging pannel during the selection process.
7. There will be one prize for four winners. All winners and their travelling companions must be residents in the United Kingdom.
8. The prize is a 3 night stay in Norway from 14th to 17th August 2010. The prize includes all travel to Norway and transport within Norway. It also includes breakfasts, lunches, dinners and accommodation in a twin or double room. Flights are from London Gatwick to Troms0 and are return economy tickets. Winners might be required to travel onwards to another destination in Norway either by roads, ferries or by air.
9. Winners must arrange and purchase their own travel insurance covering the full journey period, arrange and pay for their own visa application to Norway if required, own a valid and legal travel document and be available to travel during the journey period.
10. Winners who cannot participate on the trip must notify the promoter no later than 6th August 2010.
11. In the event that the Promoter is unable to contact a winner within 48 hours of first attempting to do so; or a winner confirms that he/she is unable or no longer wishes to participate in the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner among the remaining entrants, or through other sources than the Competition. 12. The prize cannot be transferred, exchanged for cash, and no alternative prizes are available.
13. The promoter reserves the right to cancel the award of the prize in the event of non-compliance by the Winner with these terms and conditions.
14. Promoter is not responsible for: (i) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged, garbled, or illegible entries; or (ii) unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer and equipment related to or resulting from participating in the competition.
15. By participating in the Competition, entrant (i) agrees to be bound by these official rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agrees to be bound by the decisions of Promoters, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Competition.
16. The Winner consents to all material recorded during the submission to the Competition, the prize trip in Norway or otherwise produced in connection with the Competition being used by the Promoter for marketing and media purposes until the end of year 2020. The winner will take part in a photoshoot with a professional photographer and the results of the shoot will be produced into postcards. The postcards will be produced for commercial use to promote travel to Northern Norway. The winner acknowledges that they have no rights to any profits and will not receive any form of compensation arising from the sale of these postcards. 17. The winner may be required to participate in additional publicity events. The winner confirms that the Promoter can use their name, age, appearance, voice, likeness and any other details provided in their entry for the purpose of promoting and running the Competition in any media (including all forms of online media). The Winner acknowledges that no sums or any compensation shall be payable to him/her by the Promoter for such use. 18. By accepting the prize and participating in the shoot, the winner understands that travel contains some inherent element of risk of accident, illness, injury, loss, or death, which may be caused by negligence, forces of nature, wild animals, or other agencies, known or unknown; and further recognizes that medical facilities may not be readily available or accessible during some or all of the journey. Winner must be willing to accept the risk and to confirm the acceptance of such risk in writing at Promoter's request.
19. Participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Innovation Norway (Promoter) and their partners from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this competition and the prize.
20. Entry in to the competition signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
21. Promoter in the United Kingdom: Innovation Norway, Charles House, 5/F, 5-11 Lower Regent Street, London SW1Y 4LR, United Kingdom, email: email@example.com.
Notes to editors:
For media inquiries regarding the Norway Postcard Models campaign, please contact:
Surf PR Tel: +44(0)20-7928-2999 Rebecca Genin - Rebecca.Genin@SurfPR.co.uk Laura Crickmore - Laura.Crickmore@SurfPR.co.uk
For press queries about Visit Norway UK and image requests of Norway, please contact Hanne Knudsen at Innovation Norway - firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Visit Norway