AUSTIN, Texas, Feb. 9, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- While making your better half feel special on Valentine's Day may never go out of style, it is very certain that the romantic holiday is not for everyone. With all the hearts, kisses and flowers, it can be enough to make someone who is single run for the hills.
Don't weed out the dedicated day of romance just yet, though. There are plenty of ways to celebrate solo next week. Valentine's Day is sandwiched between two other newly popular dates, Galentine's Day and Singles Awareness Day.
"Coupled up or not, use this time to celebrate yourself and pamper your friends. An even better idea is to do it on the cheap! You don't have to break the bank to treat yourself to a bit of self care and even send your friends small gifts. Remember, it's always the thought that counts!" says Sara Skirboll, Shopping and Trends Expert for RetailMeNot.
Keep reading to see the best tips and ideas for a successful Galentine's and Single's Day celebration, and check out The Real Deal for the full article.
Celebrate Your Favorite Females
Galentine's Day takes place on February 13. What started as a fictional holiday from a certain popular sitcom has now turned into the honorable day to celebrate your ride-or-die ladies.
- Grab some Galent-wine, and toast to your friends. Wine.com has promo codes for 10 percent off your first order or, you know, 10 percent off six or more bottles. No one will judge.
- Plan a Galentine's Day party complete with decorations from Target, Michaels or Amazon. Save 50 percent on an item with Michaels coupons. Let's be real: Party planners won't want to pay full price for those streamers when they will end up trampled on the floor in a few hours.
- Host a hotel sleepover because there is no age limit on a good old-fashioned slumber party. Book a few rooms at a nice place in town, preferably with a great room service menu, and move in for the night. Use a Hotels.com deal to save up to 40% on bookings.
Treat Yo' Self
Flying solo on Valentine's Day? No problem. According to a RetailMeNot survey, singles are still showing themselves love this year.
- 29 percent of singles will pamper themselves
- 23 percent will treat themselves to a nice dinner
- 21 percent plan to watch romantic comedies
- 18 percent will buy themselves a gift
This independent bunch are likely saving more money than those spending on gifts for others. Take February 15, also known as Singles Awareness Day, otherwise known as S.A.D. (ignore the acronym; there is nothing sad about this), as an opportunity to celebrate that solo status.
- Send yourself flowers and buy yourself pizza because why not? Get up to 60 percent off select bouquets at 1-800-Flowers.com, and save major dough on pizza at Domino's. P.S. Don't forget to shop the Valentine's Day candy on clearance at every store.
- Two words: spa day. Don't even stop at the massage. Indulge in a full day of pampering and relaxing. Thanks to the facial, you'll walk away glowing.
- Looking for love? Sign up for a dating site. RetailMeNot's offer data shows that February is prime time for discounts on enrollment fees. Get 60 percent off a six-month eHarmony membership or 74 percent off Match.com.
- And finally, do whatever you want. This is your day to indulge.
About RetailMeNot, Inc.
RetailMeNot, Inc. (https://www.retailmenot.com/corp/) is a leading savings destination connecting consumers with retailers, restaurants and brands, both online and in-store. The company enables consumers across the globe to find hundreds of thousands of digital offers to save money while they shop or dine out. RetailMeNot, Inc. estimates that approximately $4.4 billion in retailer sales were attributable to consumer transactions from paid digital offers in its marketplace in 2016, more than $600 million of which were attributable to its in-store solution. The RetailMeNot, Inc. portfolio of websites and mobile applications includes RetailMeNot.com in the United States; RetailMeNot.ca in Canada; VoucherCodes.co.uk in the United Kingdom; ma-reduc.com and Poulpeo.com in France; and GiftCardZen.com and Deals2Buy.com in North America. As wholly owned subsidiaries of Harland Clarke Holdings, RetailMeNot and Valassis, a leader in intelligent media delivery, are partnering to connect retailers and consumers through meaningful digital, mobile and print promotions both online and in store.