ATLANTA, April 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Spring is an exciting time for most do-it-yourselfers, and after this year's very long, very cold winter, the list of broken or damaged items around the house or yard is larger than ever. With a family of products designed specifically for household repair projects involving wood, metal or plastic, J-B Weld can help turn your honey-do list into a honey-done list.
Since 1969 the J-B Weld brand has been known for providing permanent repairs for many household, outdoor and automotive projects. Today, J-B Weld has nearly 20 different adhesives, including several offering simple, yet strong solutions for wood projects and repairs. Applying the same strength technology found in original J-B Weld, both WoodWeld and KwikWood provide the world's strongest bond for use on new projects or repairing older, damaged woods. After drying for one hour, they can be sanded or painted and will provide a bond that is stronger than the wood itself.
"Spring is a time of renewal, even around the house," said Chip Hanson, J-B Weld CEO. "Right now, do-it-yourselfers are busy cleaning, organizing and repairing in preparation for sunny days and long summer evenings spent outdoors. Part of their spring cleaning means finding the most cost-effective home repair solutions while also using products they can count on to work, no matter what the project is at hand. Our customers use our epoxy adhesives on everything from outdoor furniture to recreational vehicles, saving hundreds, sometimes even thousands of dollars in the process."
- Add years to the life of patio furniture, deck chairs or kids' playground equipment with a little maintenance. Before adding a fresh coat of water seal, easily fill any holes from rot or insect damage with KwikWood. It cures strong, won't rot, and can be sanded and painted.
- Fix that wobbly chair leg or repair patio furniture for good with a modest application of WoodWeld. The permanent bond is much stronger than glue, once dried has a tensile strength of 1800 PSI.
- Re-tap broken or weak door hinges with KwikWood. Wear and tear on cabinets and screen doors will loosen hinges, and over time screw holes undoubtedly become stripped. Fill with WoodWeld and once cured, it can be shaped, tapped, filed, sanded or drilled.
- Finally fix the fence. Quick and easy to use, J-B Wood Restore Repair adds structural strength to damaged or rotted areas and can be used to fill, build, reinforce or bond wood surfaces on fences, exterior columns, posts and window frames.
- Build a birdhouse with your kids. With supervision, J-B WoodWeld is a great alternative to hammer and nails. It's strong, non-toxic and can be used on exterior surfaces.
About J-B Weld
J-B Weld products are available at more than 50,000 retail locations in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and many outlets around the world. To find a retailer or get information, tips and advice, visit jbweld.com or facebook.com/jbweld
SOURCE J-B Weld