ROSEMONT, Ill., Nov. 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- World Kitchen, the company behind iconic housewares brands such as Pyrex®, Corningware® and Corelle® – recently introduced the World's Most Responsive Cutlery™ called PRIME by Chicago Cutlery. The state-of-the-art collection is the perfect blend of form and function – featuring an ergonomic handle with a Responsive Touch Technology™ grip that conforms to the user's hand, resulting in maximum control with a comfortable and effortless experience for any cutting task.
Inspired by the brand's deep roots in the Chicago meat industry, the collection's name, PRIME, is a nod to the USDA's term for the highest grade of beef that is generally available at exclusive steak houses. Each knife is aimed to provide consumers with a design that is sleek and easy-to-clean with sharp German steel blades offered in either a stain-resistant black oxide finish as well as a more traditional stainless steel.
After a successful debut, the sleek and well-crafted collection recently won the 2016 BRIDES Registry Award for the 5-pc. Magnetic Block Set, and the entire line received The Spark! Award – the highest accolade at the 10th Annual International Spark Awards earlier this year.
"We took our time with the development of the PRIME by Chicago Cutlery collection and worked closely with consumers over the course of a few years to understand what they really wanted and looked for in a knife," said Austin Rothbard, President of the Americas at World Kitchen, LLC. "This new collection is sleek, sharp and comfortable– your hands will thank you!"
PRIME by Chicago Cutlery arrives just in time for the holidays as a gift or kitchen addition for anyone who loves to cook. From prepping for big holiday gatherings to an intimate dinner for two, this collection has a knife to cater to any home chef.
PRIME by Chicago Cutlery Offerings
- 5-pc. Magnetic Block Set: For the culinary entertainer – this set showcases the sleek black oxide finish and contemporary curves while protecting your knives without hiding their beauty.
- 7-pc. Block Set: For the traditionalist – the sturdy body and decorative faceplate gives your cutlery the presence it deserves. Ample storage and blade protection makes sure your knives withstand the test of time. Extra slots for additional knives and storage.
- Digital Tablet Holder: For the novice cook – designed to rest tablets, phones, recipe books on, or watch how-to videos as you cook. The holder comes with seven empty slots to handpick your preferred open stock knives or add your own knives.
- 8-in. Chef Knife and 4-in. Paring Knife Gift Set: The perfect couple – this set contains two of the most essential knives needed to accomplish a wide variety of cutting tasks.
- 8-in. Chef Knife: If you're only going to get one – this is the "go-to" knife for every chef. Whether it's slicing, dicing or chopping, this is a must-have for any kitchen.
- 8 in. Slicer Knife: For the carnivore – with a slimmer blade profile than a chef knife, this slicer is the ideal choice for easily carving larger meats and roasts.
- 7-in. Santoku Knife: The minimalist – this functional, multi-purpose knife is suited for many kitchen tasks. Oval-shaped granton edges on the blade add style and keep food from sticking.
- 5-in. Partoku® Knife: For the health nut – try this smaller version of the Santoku, this knife is ideal for slicing fish, cutting meat and chopping vegetables.
- 5-in. Utility Knife: For your omnivore friends – this all-purpose knife is used for chopping and cutting larger fruits and vegetables.
- 4-in. Paring Knife: For all the in between work – this is the perfect size knife for precision control when slicing and trimming smaller foods.
- 4.5-in. 6-pc. Steak Knife Set: The crowd pleaser – play it safe with a classic set of steak knives. They slice cleanly through steaks and other cuts of meat without tearing.
To learn more about the new PRIME by Chicago Cutlery collection, visit ChicagoCutlery.com/PRIME or follow Chicago Cutlery on Facebook.com/ChicagoCutlery. To learn more about World Kitchen and all of its iconic housewares and kitchen brands, visit WorldKitchen.com.
About World Kitchen, LLC
Headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., World Kitchen and its affiliates manufacture and market products worldwide through a portfolio of well-recognized and respected brands, including under the Pyrex®, Corelle®, Corningware®, Snapware®, Baker's Secret®, Chicago Cutlery® and Vintage Charm™ trademarks. World Kitchen's brands and products have a strong reputation for quality, innovation, performance and durability. World Kitchen and its affiliates employ approximately 3,000 people, and have major manufacturing and distribution operations in North America and Asia-Pacific regions. Pyrex and CorningWare are registered trademarks of Corning Incorporated, used under license by World Kitchen, LLC. For more information, visit http://www.worldkitchen.com.
SOURCE World Kitchen, LLC