CHICAGO, March 7, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Known as one of the nation's leading housewares companies, World Kitchen, LLC, strives to continuously introduce cutting-edge products that provide practical, smart solutions for the everyday home cook. Today, the company announced its 2011 innovations at the International Home and Housewares Show, from across its five core portfolio of brands: Pyrex® glassware, Snapware® storage, Corelle® dinnerware, CorningWare® bakeware and Chicago Cutlery® knives and cutting boards. From stylish dinnerware and bakeware to leak-proof storage to versatile kitchen tools and gadgets, World Kitchen offers a diversified portfolio of intelligently designed products for the entire kitchen.
"World Kitchen is dedicated to developing innovative and practical kitchen tools that not only simplify and make cooking fun and easy, but also inspire a new generation of home cooks," said Carl Warschuasky, World Kitchen President, North America. "By adding Snapware storage to the World Kitchen family, we're building on our commitment to provide quality brands that offer useful and smart solutions in the kitchen."
World Kitchen Brand Highlights
Recently, the Pyrex® brand teamed up with Sandra Lee, editor-in-chief of Semi-Homemade Magazine and Food Network star to educate consumers on 4 Simple Rules to cook with care when using glass bakeware. The Pyrex brand has launched a new website, located at pyrexware.com/4simplerules, where consumers can watch a demonstration video and download Lee's savvy cooking tips and recipes. Lee will be on-site at the World Kitchen booth at the International Home and Housewares Show on March 7 to sign copies of her latest cookbook, Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade The Complete Cookbook and meet show attendees.
- On the product side, as the leader in glass bakeware, the Pyrex brand has launched a re-invention of its iconic glass measuring cup, as well as introduced several new innovations across the brand portfolio last year. The Pyrex® Glass Measuring Cup was re-invented with contemporary new features, including bold, read-from-inside graphics, nested design for easy storage, silicone-covered base for better grip, and a multi-position lid perfect for measuring, mixing and pouring. The new Easy Grab™ Glass Bakeware line provides oven-to-table beauty and convenience with a streamlined look that includes deeper walls to reduce splattering and spillage, as well as large easy carry handles for better gripping. The Pyrex® No-Leak-Lids™ products feature a functional and contemporary design that will not absorb stains or odors. The BPA-free, leak-proof and airtight plastic lids have a vent for microwaving quickly and easily. Available in both round and rectangle shapes that conveniently nest and stack.
- New to the World Kitchen family, Snapware Brand is building on its longstanding expertise in food storage by entering the casual dinnerware segment with 360Serve™ dinnerware, an industry-first collection. Designed with Snapware's airtight lids, this stoneware dinnerware line allows consumers to prep, serve, save and reheat meals – all with the same product – and in three different sizes. Snapware is also introducing the new Oven-Safe Glasslock® line. This durable and stain-proof product line is manufactured to withstand repetitive usage and dishwasher cleaning. The new line offers shapes and sizes that are different from the traditional Snapware Glasslock products, ranging from 1.3-cup to a 6.3-cup container. Lastly, Snapware Airtight Glass Canisters feature white, plastic hermetically sealed lids, creating a storage option that blends beautifully with the rest of the kitchen. Offering a variety of user-friendly features, the new canisters, as with all Snapware Airtight Canisters, seal in freshness and flavor, maintaining the integrity of all contents.
- Corelle® Dinnerware, the no. 1 most preferred dinnerware brand in the U.S. and Canada(1), long recognized for its style and trademark strength, introduces 11 fresh and exciting dinnerware patterns for early 2011. New, cutting edge consumer research over the past year yielded valuable insight into consumer pattern preferences, forming the foundation for these 11 new patterns. The Corelle brand continues to build upon the latest in global design and home decor trends to reinforce the brand's tremendous in-market strength and to further fuel the brand's tremendous in-market momentum. The Corelle dinnerware lines include Square™, designed by the renowned London design firm Studio Levien, with its contemporary yet classic shape, is a unique departure from its traditional round shaped dinnerware; Impressions™, incorporating traditional and timeless design with on-trend new patterns, is perfect for those who appreciate the simple things in life; Vive™, inspired by the latest fashion and home decor, features contemporary wide-rim plates with fresh, bold patterns; and Livingware™, designed to be stylish and versatile, is ideal for today's savvy consumers and works well for both casual and elegant table settings.
- CorningWare® Bakeware continues to expand the Etch™ Bakeware collection with the addition of two stylish, new color options: Brick and Sand, as well as two new distinct shapes, including a side dish, which is ideal for serving vegetable sides and a pie plate that features contemporary fluted edges ideal for oven-to-table dining and presentation. Its richly textured surface combined with its striking colors and shapes will add beauty and style to any table. Made of strong, versatile stoneware, Etch Bakeware has the flexibility and durability to go from the oven to the table for a beautiful presentation that expresses your sense of style.
- Inspired by consumer research to solve one of the most common consumer frustrations with clamshell knife packaging, the Chicago Cutlery® brand introduced the Reusable Blade Protector in 2010. The Chicago Cutlery Reusable Blade Protector offers ease and protection, with a thin sleeve of plastic that glides over the knife blade to protect the edges and provide extra drawer safety and organization. It comes in a unique, easy-to-open package – just snap off the hook tab at the top, slide the sleeve over the knife blade and nestle conveniently side-by-side in a drawer. The Chicago Cutlery Reusable Blade Protectors are sold as part of individual knives and multi-pack knife sets, and will be available across all Chicago Cutlery retailers in North America.
For more information about World Kitchen brands and products, visit www.worldkitchen.com.
Pyrex and CorningWare are registered trademarks of Corning Incorporated, used under license by World Kitchen, LLC. Corelle is a registered trademark of WKI Holding Company, Inc., Chicago Cutlery is a registered trademark of World Kitchen (GHC), LLC, and Snapware is a registered trademark of Snapware Corporation, all used with permission by World Kitchen, LLC.
About World Kitchen, LLC
Headquartered in Rosemont, Illinois, World Kitchen and its affiliates manufacture and market metal cookware, glass, ceramic and metal bakeware, tabletop products, cutlery and kitchen tools sold under well-known brand names, including Baker's Secret®, Chicago Cutlery®, Corelle®, CorningWare®, EKCO®, Magnalite®, OLFA®, OLO®, Pyrex®, Revere®, Snapware® and Visions®. The company and its affiliates employ approximately 3,222 people, and have major manufacturing and distribution operations in North America and Asia-Pacific regions. For more information, visit www.worldkitchen.com.
(1) Based on quantitative consumer survey of the 8 leading dinnerware brands in retail sales, in the U.S. & Canada, conducted in September, 2010
SOURCE World Kitchen, LLC