HONG KONG, Oct. 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Global Sources Electronics, the world's largest electronics sourcing show, opens today and will be held in two phases at Hong Kong's AsiaWorld-Expo. The event is Asia's premier and most anticipated sourcing event for global electronics buyers.
As Global Sources' (NASDAQ: GSOL) flagship trade show, the 2016 fall edition features 6,000 booths of the latest electronics from Greater China, Korea and across Asia. Several unique experience and demo zones, the Startup Launchpad pavilion and an informative conference program provide attendees with insights into rapidly accelerating innovation and technologies from across the region.
Running from Oct. 11 to 14, the first phase of Global Sources Electronics includes 3,500 booths and will focus on consumer electronics, security products and electronic components. The second phase, Mobile Electronics, will take place from Oct. 18 to 21 and will showcase the latest smartphones, tablets, wearable devices and mobile accessories.
President of Global Sources Electronics Group, Tommy Wong, said: "Global Sources Electronics is the world's leading sourcing event where global buyers discover the newest and most creative electronics from China and Asia. Our commitment to drive innovation makes the show an important platform for technologies and idea exchange."
Hong Kong's first-ever indoor drone racing event
The application of drones is expanding to various areas with consumer demand rising over the last two years. This fall show will launch "Hong Kong Drone Racing Championships" which is the first-ever professional indoor drone race to be held at any B2B trade show. Professional and amateur pilots will participate for a boisterous and fun race.
Other highlights at the show
- The Outdoor Electronics Pavilion is the only one of its kind in Asia where attendees can see the latest action cameras and other products for hiking, camping, and fitness.
- VR & Gaming Experience Zone offers participants the opportunity to try out the latest VR, AR, 3D & 4D games.
- Next-Gen Components Zone gives buyers a close look at what is inside the latest drones, robotics, automotive, wearables and smart home security products.
- Face-to-face with Sophia by Hanson Robotics is an exclusive showcase of the world's most lifelike robot.
- Conference on electric personal transporters in co-operation with Guangdong Electric Vehicle Association will highlight market trends, technology and industry standards.
Startup Launchpad expands to showcase a broad range of innovative products
The Startup Launchpad is the largest collection of consumer electronics startups in Asia with 150 emerging hardware startups showcasing their latest products. It is integrated within both phases of the show to help electronics startups find effective distribution channels, and to help buyers identify the latest innovations and be first to market with shelf-ready products.
Attendees can also gain insights from 34 industry thought leaders who will share their knowledge of market trends and concepts. More information is available at http://www.launchpadhk.com/.
Value-added services to enhance buyer and supplier efficiency
- Conferences on hot topics including virtual reality, smart home, as well as insights on the four stages of the startup life cycle: ideation, validation, manufacturing and distribution.
- Buyer app helps buyers maximize efficiency at the show with a range of pre-event and on-site benefits. The app allows buyers to locate exhibitors, create exhibitor profiles and take notes and product pictures. Users can also manage communications with exhibitors.
- Supplier app enables exhibitors to obtain buyer information, sourcing history and submit quotations efficiently.
- VIP Buyer Offices provide selected buyers with fully-equipped offices for meetings on the spot.
The Global Sources Electronics show is expected to attract more than 60,000 buyers from 150 countries and territories, including purchasing decision makers from Acer, Amazon, Best Buy, Brookstone, Canon, Dolby, eBay, El Corte Ingles, Foxconn, Groupe Auchan, Hitachi, Huawei, IBM, Intel, Kesa Electricals, Logicom, Metro, NTT Docomo, Office Depot, Panasonic, Qualcomm, RadioShack, Samsung, Sony, Target, Tesco, Unilever, Woolworths and Yamaha.
The show is complemented by six electronics industry websites accessible from GlobalSources.com. Updated daily, each site delivers exclusive content, including Analyst's Choice, an unbiased selection of new and innovative products from exhibitors, advertisers, non-advertisers, startups and leading brands in the region.
Opening hours for the show are:
- Oct. 11-13 from 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Oct. 14 from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Buyers can find more information about the Global Sources Electronics show and pre-register to attend at http://www.globalsources.com/exhibitions.
More information about Global Sources is available on the company's corporate site (http://www.corporate.globalsources.com), Facebook and Twitter (/globalsources).
About Global Sources
Global Sources is a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with Greater China.
The core business facilitates trade between Asia and the world using English-language media such as online marketplaces (GlobalSources.com), trade shows, magazines, and apps.
More than 1 million international buyers, including 95 of the world's top 100 retailers, use these services to obtain product and company information to help them source more profitably from overseas supply markets. These services also provide suppliers with integrated marketing solutions to build corporate image, generate sales leads and win orders from buyers in more than 240 countries and territories.
Now in its fifth decade, Global Sources has been publicly listed on the NASDAQ since 2000.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/worlds-largest-electronics-sourcing-show-opens-today-with-6000-booths-in-two-phases-300342398.html
SOURCE Global Sources