SANTA BARBARA, Calif., Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With all the excitement surrounding the big game, the legendary advertisements, and throwing the perfect viewing party, finding an ideal game day meal can be challenging. For those looking for an alternative to hotdogs and potato chips, Colman's Honey Mustard Chicken Wings may be the perfect way to serve a light, flavorful appetizer that is packed with a variety of flavors and even some heat.
Colman's mustard (www.colmansusa.com) has become widely recognized as the English mustard in the world and Colman's is excited to share with Americans how they can incorporate traditional and authentic British foods into their game day parties. The smoldering heat of this go-to gourmet condiment whether tossed into dressings, glazed onto meats or used as a rub, Colman's mustard is a flavorsome seasoning, versatile enough for just about any dish!
Try this quick and easy recipe this Sunday and be a Super Star host:
Colman's Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
Yield: Serves 6
Total Time: 1 hour
- 4 lbs Chicken Wings, rinsed & patted dry
- Cooking Oil
- Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
- fresh cracked Black Pepper
- Flour, for dredging
Colman's Mustard Sauce
- 1/2 cup Colman's Prepared Mustard
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 4 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- fresh cracked Black Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Lightly coat chicken wings with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Dredge wings in flour, tapping off excess flour.
- Lay wings on lined sheet pans in a single layer. Bake for 20 minutes, flip chicken wings over, then bake for another 20-30 minutes or until golden.
- While the wings bake, make the sauce. Combine the sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Stir well and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for 5 minutes. If necessary, re-warm just before tossing wings in sauce.
- After wings are done, toss them with the sauce in a large bowl. Serve with plenty of napkins.
Recipe Source: WhiteOnRiceCouple.com.
SOURCE Colman's Mustard