LONDON, December 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- 68% of mums feel anxious about hosting Christmas
- 15% of mums lose sleep over Christmas entertaining and 14% feel they don't get enough help
- 16% are concerned about entertaining the in-laws at Christmas
Each year, the pressure for Christmas perfection mounts and for over two-thirds of UK mums, anxiety rather than jollity is the strongest festive emotion. For a sixth of mums (15%), hosting Christmas is such a worry, it causes sleepless nights.
Beko's Household Helpers Census has found that 14% of mums feel their families don't help enough with Christmas preparation and an additional 16% worried about comments from the in-laws.
Commenting on the findings, Beko marketing manager George Mead says: "The festive season can be stressful for all the family but the Beko Household Helpers Census shows that mum seems to take the bulk of it on her shoulders. Our appliances can really ease the stress of Christmas entertaining - the only thing we can't do is keep the in-laws happy! Beko's multi-zone refrigeration technology allows a compartment to switch between fridge, freezer and chiller - perfect if you need extra space to freeze ice for cocktails or additional fridge space for storing larger platters. And our new six litre dishwasher can remove the hassle of dirty dishes and uses less water than a washing-up bowl. We've even spoken to our own mums to help us come up with a list of the best ways to make Christmas less stressful!"
Make yours a stress-free Christmas!
To help mums make the most of this festive season, the Beko teams' mums have put together some top tips to make the most of the festive season:
- You can never start cooking too early. Christmas puddings only get better with age and many dishes such as stuffing can also be prepared and frozen well in advance. Beko's Multi-Zone technology allows for switching between refrigeration and freezing capabilities so you can cook and store dishes before the big day.
- Divide and conquer! Got a big crowd on Christmas day? Perfect! More people round the table means more hands to help. Write a list of responsibilities and get everyone involved - it will bring the family together and take a load off your shoulders.
- Get the appliances to do the hard work for you. Beko is here to help at Christmas with its fantastic range of super-smart appliances that will help save you both time and money, such as the six-litre dishwasher, which can clean thirteen place settings in one go and actually uses less water than washing up by hand.
- Get ahead of the crowd! While the shops are still empty, start to buy gifts for family and friends that you know they'll love rather than leaving it until the last-minute Christmas Eve panic.
- And...relax! Remember it's your holiday too and make sure you take time for yourself!
The Beko Household Helpers Census also found:
- Making sure the house is tidy is the number one concern when hosting Christmas lunch (28%)
- 27% of mums are anxious about fitting the roast and all the trimmings in the oven
- 23% are worried that their dining table isn't big enough
- A fifth (21%) worry about having a messy kitchen
- 16% of mums say they are nervous about entertaining their in-laws
Notes to editor:
- The research was carried out on 3,500 UK adults over the age of 16 by Censuswide in July/August 2013
- Beko is forming a partnership with household cleaning manufacturer Reckitt-Benckiser this October to offer six months' worth of free Finish product with the purchase of any of the following models: DSFN6839W, DSFN1534W DSFN1534S, DL1243APS, DL1243APS and DSFN1534B. For more information visit http://www.beko.co.uk/finish
About Beko PLC:
Beko is the UK's leading and best-selling home appliance manufacturer, chosen by more people than any other brand.
Established in the UK in 1990, Beko plc is a subsidiary of large multinational group - KOÇ Holdings and the Arcelik Group - which is one of the top 500 largest companies in the world and also the top two home appliances manufacturers in Europe. The group has over 50 years' experience manufacturing home appliances and televisions.
Recent insight from independent consumer reviews on Reevoo, shows the popularity of the brand. Based on impartial owner feedback, Beko has achieved an average of 9 out of 10 review score from over 7,000 customer reviews for its range of American style fridge freezers, dishwashers and washing machines. Across all Beko products, it has an average review score of 8.6/10 from over 40,000 reviews.
The company continues to develop helpful, innovative and energy efficient electrical appliances, designed to make everyday life easier for families with speedy cycles and energy saving features which can assist in saving time and money. Beko delivers exceptional value and quality, securing high levels of customer satisfaction through listening and responding to householders needs. These factors make Beko the consumers brand of choice.
Beko has recently updated its website to highlight some of the brands award-winning products. Find out more here: http://www.beko.co.uk/Awards
Which? reliability survey 2012
In September 2012, Which? undertook its biggest reliability survey in over a decade, with more than 14,000 consumers telling the title about the products they own. Beko scored extremely well including:
- Five star reliability rating and over 90% reliability score within fridges, freezers and tumble dryers
- Rated one of the top five most reliable washing machines and fridge freezers with 85% and 88% reliability score respectively
- Beko dishwashers also gained a high 85% reliability score
1. GfK, Total MDA 6, Volume Sales, Jul12 - Jun13
2. GfK, Total MDA 6, Volume Sales, Jul12 - Jun13
3. GFK Major MDA6 - Jan-June 2013
4. For all reviews published between 01/01/2011 to 31/12/2012 (24 months) the average scores across categories were as follows:
American Style Fridge Freezers (SBS FF) - 9.0 / 10
Dishwashers (Full Size / Slim Line / Built-In) - 9.0 / 10
Washing Machines (Washing Machine / Built-In) - 9.0 / 10
The reliability score is based on the proportion of machines that were problem free and did not require repair.
For more information please contact the Beko team at Mercieca Ltd
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: +44(0)207-485-0100