ORLANDO, Fla., May 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Wyndham Vacation Ownership (WVO), the world's largest vacation ownership company and a member of the Wyndham Worldwide family of companies (NYSE: WYN) received LEED certification by the U.S. Green Building Council's Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) program for the company's Wyndham Branson Preview Center at 240 Terrace Boulevard in Branson, Missouri. LEED is a third-party certification program and premier benchmark for the design, construction and operation of high-performance green buildings.
Formerly a vacant medical facility, the three-story, 33,000-square foot facility underwent renovations last year that included environmentally conscious construction and design, an energy-efficient HVAC system and lighting, and new landscaping. The building is the first Wyndham sales center to install a pneumatic tube system between each floor to allow associates to send documents more efficiently during the sales process.
"Achieving another LEED certification for the company exemplifies our commitment to integrate sustainability into our business practices as part of the Wyndham Green initiative," said Franz Hanning, president and chief executive officer, Wyndham Vacation Ownership. "This sustainability milestone in particular is very important because it recognizes our passion for making a difference in the communities in which we operate."
Receiving 46 points out of 47, WVO achieved certification through:
- Reducing its energy use for lighting by 24 percent
- Reducing its energy use for HVAC by 50 percent
- Reducing water consumption 31 percent through the use of low-flow toilets, faucets and fitness center showers
- Diverting 78 percent of construction waste from the landfill
- Controlling 100 percent of lighting through occupancy sensors
- Installing a heat reflective ENERGY STAR-rated cool roof equivalent to 149 percent of the roof area
- Using 82 percent new ENERGY STAR equipment and appliances
- Maximizing daylight and access to views
- Using low-emitting materials such as paints, sealants, adhesives, flooring, and engineered wood products
- Reducing landscape watering use by 63%
- Making a Renewable Energy Purchase for 50% of the annual consumption of the building for two years to equal 100% of a year's consumption
- Providing mechanically controlled ventilation and CO2 sensors for all zones of the building that will alarm and automatically provide additional outside/fresh air
- Implementing a project-specific Indoor Air Quality Management Program during construction
The Wyndham Branson Preview Center is the fifth Wyndham site to achieve LEED certification. In 2014, WVO's corporate headquarters building, Sea Harbor Office Center, in Orlando, Fla. received LEED gold certification. Additional Wyndham Worldwide offices have also achieved LEED certification over the years including offices in Parsippany, N.J., and Indianapolis, Ind.
The Wyndham Branson Preview Center brings more than 200 WorldMark® by Wyndham and CLUB WYNDHAM® employees together in a collaborative environment, assisting them in managing the nearly 35,000 sales tours that come through the site annually. The sales center supports four resorts located in Branson, including WorldMark Branson, Wyndham Branson at The Falls, Wyndham Branson at The Meadows, and Wyndham Mountain Vista.
About Wyndham Vacation Ownership
Wyndham Vacation Ownership, a member of Wyndham Worldwide's (NYSE: WYN) family of companies, is the world's largest vacation ownership business, as measured by the number of vacation ownership resorts, individual vacation ownership units and owners of vacation ownership interests. Wyndham Vacation Ownership develops, markets and sells vacation ownership interests and provides consumer financing to owners through its five primary consumer brands, CLUB WYNDHAM, WorldMark by Wyndham, Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific, Shell Vacations Club and Margaritaville Vacation Club®. As of December 31, 2014, we have developed or acquired more than 200 vacation ownership resorts in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and the South Pacific that represent approximately 24,000 individual vacation ownership units and more than 900,000 owners of vacation ownership interests. Wyndham Vacation Ownership is headquartered in Orlando, Fla., and is supported by more than 17,000 associates globally.
SOURCE Wyndham Vacation Ownership